Nope. No. Just no. It is dead end

Eh. Ok.

To anyone. Sad that misunderstading from my part led to problems that high. I’ve not indeded to offense anyone. I excuse for that.
Kevin is somewhat exception from that since now it is personal from my part and likely it always was personal for him.

I’ve always criticized ideas but not authors. Keep doing good job. Game is not bad at all. It just has some problems in direction. But more and more noticeable ones.

Sadly probably I am not going to help anymore.

P.S. Except with new github account of course.

I can’t decide if this is more annoying, amusing, or sad. It ranks decently on all those points.

5 Likes

Just for the sake of anyone seeing this thread without having read the previous discussion on reddit (note: it’s linked in the top post if anyone wants to see the whole thing), this is not true.

We (several developers, although I myself saw the mess too late to really offer much new) made active attempts to explain the behavior that was objectionable. Firestorm apparently could not perceive constructive criticism as anything other than “shut up and listen”, and … well. It didn’t have a positive result.

Notably, i-am-erk alone made multiple attempts to engage with firestorm on the matter just in that thread alone, and in one instance the result was… less than receptive.

Other devs (dpwb, zhilkin come to mind) in that thread also attempted to communicate with firestorm, but either they were not responded to, or they got similarly combative responses.

If firestorm had actually been open to engaging in discussion on “this is what we need to see happen differently”, we would probably not have this thread now. But then, if that had been the case going further back, the ban wouldn’t have happened either.

There’s just not much left to do if the response to “here’s what you did wrong” is “NUH UH” at the time, later followed up with “YOU NEVER TOLD ME”.

1 Like

We all do our mistakes and I get a lot of them on my part here. But there is always multiple viewpoints on same thing.

It is very hard to be postive after things like that:
Imgur

if “you forgot” and “you made a mistake” are shit then what is not? “Criticize me the way I like?” Or what?

And to be fair I am not the only one who had problems with Kevin here.
This all is usual micommunication that was raised way too hight. Partially because of me. But not solely from my part.

Also I hardly get as considence very intesive interest from Kevin to my PR’s and issues (and closing a lot of them quickly). Like to all of them . I am not joking, it can be double checked with my profile. Somehow I’ve got a lot of attention from Kevin. And like hell a lot of it was positive.

Here I’ve tried to get a second chance and it eneded up like that. That is stupid and pointless. From my part of course. But still blaming only me would be mistake.

“Something is rotten in the state of Denmark”
@ Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

By the way - on that part I agree.

Anyway. We should end this conversation.

From my part - I am ready to listen and, well, “behave properly”. But without licking anybody’s shoes.

But in the end of the day from your part there is:

Firestorm, you are exhausting and unpleasant to work with, and everything you’ve said during your appeals demonstrates that you don’t understand the problem and therefore that the problems are never going to stop.

In the reddit thread I said it would require extraordinary measures to reverse your ban, and since then you have only made things worse instead of better.

I do not want to work with you any more, and I have no expectation of that changing.

For trying to excuse.
And

The thing is nobody but Kevin can help you with the ban.

So it makes (and made long time ago, I think) all my attempts to do something or excuse futile in the first place because from Kevin part it is obviously personal.

So, well, that is it. Let’s cooperate. Right?

I don’t know what have you planned to answer, but, please, don’t hold yourself. I can take it.
After all I’ve crisized you. So you can do it either to me. That is will be fair.