Non explodium turrets please?

when i use an emp i expect the turret to shutdown not go off like a bomb EMP’s disable electronics they don’t make them explosive. why does destroying them make them explode in the first place? did the people designing them make them with tnt socked in gasoline? do they have a command that says oh im dead guess i should explode now :smiley:

It’s mainly because right now the EMP function just taps into the damage function and straight out damages the turret, which makes them explode on death. Some eventual ideas are to make EMP attacks only disable on lesser amounts, with possible burning out of circuits on stronger EMP pulses.

that explains one thing but does not explain why the turrets are made out of explodium actually the manhacks are the currently only robotic enemy that does not have explodium armor.

It’s because way back when when most robots were added whoever added them decided they should blow up and nobody has changed it since. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s one of those things that has simply been in the game for so long nobody knows the exact reasoning behind why it was originally added.

I remember one suggestion in an earlier robotics thread was to have robots drop a live explosive when killed, so that you could melee them and then step out of range, or if you were good enough, disable the explosive and claim it.

K but i really don’t think turrets should explode unless i shot them with a rocket launcher or something.

Well, that one was mostly a suggestion meant to allow melee characters to take on secubots. I can’t imagine anyone meleeing a turret to death in any case.

_> but i just did

Well if you had that time dilation cbm you could use it to get real close and hack away at the thing.
Tbh I thought the turrets exploded because they had a built in explosive, kind of a last ditch effort to stop an enemy or an angry mob of people who were not afraid to die (like a bunch of zombies).

[quote=“ZombieTermite, post:9, topic:4925”]Well if you had that time dilation cbm you could use it to get real close and hack away at the thing.
Tbh I thought the turrets exploded because they had a built in explosive, kind of a last ditch effort to stop an enemy or an angry mob of people who were not afraid to die (like a bunch of zombies).[/quote]yeah it would make sense for expensive and powerful robotics to have a self destruct device implanted to prevent someone who disabled them from scavenging and using them for their own purposes.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:10, topic:4925”][quote=“ZombieTermite, post:9, topic:4925”]Well if you had that time dilation cbm you could use it to get real close and hack away at the thing.
Tbh I thought the turrets exploded because they had a built in explosive, kind of a last ditch effort to stop an enemy or an angry mob of people who were not afraid to die (like a bunch of zombies).[/quote]yeah it would make sense for expensive and powerful robotics to have a self destruct device implanted to prevent someone who disabled them from scavenging and using them for their own purposes. [/quote]
Sarcasm was strong with who now?

I can easily reach a turret without dieing, but the second you are adjacent to one, you die. Which is really annoying for melee only players.

SUGGESTION:

A. Make turrets not autoinstakill players adjacent to them

B. Make turrets, when nearly dead, activate an explosive causing them to explode on death. If i kill them in one shot I don’t want to die, it wouldn’t have time to recognize it was dead or nearly dead.

You can walk up to turrets and judo flip them juet fine if your armor is good enough - e.g. a couple of layers of survivor gear, or I imagine power armor.

They fire 9mm so this isn’t that ridiculous, I guess… It is kind or odd that their targetting is so much better at very short distances, although that’s a lsrger problem

It’s easier to shoot someone 2 feet away rather than 10.

Turrets aren’t designed be punched to death.
A self-destruct device would only cause collateral damage in a situation where a turret was defending an outpost or research computer.
If a turret was disabled (via emp), what wouldn’t this speculated self-destruct device be disabled also?

I also think turrets shouldn’t be filled dynamite.
I have no problem with them unloading 9mm caps in yo ass doe.

[quote=“ZombieTermite, post:11, topic:4925”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:10, topic:4925”][quote=“ZombieTermite, post:9, topic:4925”]Well if you had that time dilation cbm you could use it to get real close and hack away at the thing.
Tbh I thought the turrets exploded because they had a built in explosive, kind of a last ditch effort to stop an enemy or an angry mob of people who were not afraid to die (like a bunch of zombies).[/quote]yeah it would make sense for expensive and powerful robotics to have a self destruct device implanted to prevent someone who disabled them from scavenging and using them for their own purposes. [/quote]
Sarcasm was strong with who now?[/quote]hey, i seriously thought you were being sarcastic. there’s nothing sarcastic about my above post.