Newb question about static/dynamic

Hey, Just started playing a couple days ago and have been slowly getting the hang of it. I’ve searched a bit but most the info I can find on this is from 2013, but my question is are some zombies always spawned at the beginning of the game? I’ve set the option for static/dynamic to both true and false and just ran into town a few times now to check, and it seems there’s always something like Zombie Children, or Zombie Scientists spawned during what’s supposed to be the grace period of Dynamic mode. I’ve tested after deleting my save file, and after deleting everything and unpacking it again as well. I honestly don’t mind if they do, I just want to make sure zombies will still spawn dynamically. And sorry again if this has been covered more recently

You’re probably running into hardcoded spawns. Pools, parks, and apartment buildings (for some examples) will generally be populated at game start on Dynamic. Likewise, corpse “map_specials” have chances to spawn zombies and/or denizens as part of mapgen.

Dynamic will eventually be phased out. I know I loved having the grace period, then fighting more or less constantly when in towns, but I was in the minority there. :-/

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking info on, and I agree. I like the threat of constant danger in certain areas as a concept, though I suppose I’ll need to get further along to pass an educated judgement

I think the idea is to replace Dynamic with roving zombie hordes.

This, and zombies that gradually mutate into stronger forms, (regular zeds becoming spitters, shockers, etc.) which means every new city you explore is more difficult.

This, and zombies that gradually mutate into stronger forms, (regular zeds becoming spitters, shockers, etc.) which means every new city you explore is more difficult.[/quote]
just make zombie masters more common and we will have this