Static and dynamic

Is it somehow possible to start with a static world and turn it to dynamic? The thought of running out of zombies that attack my home is terrifying to me. Sure dynamic is fine and all, but enemies seem to dissappear once you leave the area and come back, so it’s impossible to “manually” populate an area by running around in it, even If it’s just so I can clear them out before settling in.

worldoptions.txt tells me I have to reset world directory, which means deleting it/making a new one, right?

[size=1pt]sorry for one word reply :P[/size]
Yes.

So there is -absolutely- no way to have both static and dynamic at the same time?

[size=1pt]GODDANGIT[/size]
Nopers. Wildlife and other things like giant ants are always dynamically spawned though, for what it’s worth.

No. Generally ATM the best solution to running out of things to kill in an area is to move to a new area at the moment. One of the eventual dev goals is to add more things to make late-game static spawn more interesting, roving zombie hordes, encroaching fungal armies, that sort of thing.

[quote=“Derschlact, post:4, topic:4090”][size=1pt]GODDANGIT[/size]
Nopers. Wildlife and other things like giant ants are always dynamically spawned though, for what it’s worth.[/quote]

Do fungal things respawn in static? Since I’m bound to run out of zombies eventually, there’s a prison with its front entrance facing a fungal spire, so I might go settle inthere.

Fungal MOBS do, but not spires.