New Weather: Windy

Because some days are windier than others.

Also barometers to tell how much energy gtaguy’s wind turbines are going to make.

Also, lose perception from dust in your eyes if you aren’t wearing adequate eye protection LOL

I love the idea of wind but being a post apocalyptic game if your going to add it you really have to do it right and you’ll be quick to see it becomes a massive project. You have to now take into account how being upwind or downwind effects smell. radiation being blown, possibly even radioactive dust storms that roam the land! Like you said the winds speed and what that equates to for power output in a wind turbine. It will also have to be able to effect noise levels as well. example of the last if I’m in a house full of broken windows on a windy day to anyone who ever stayed in the spooky abandoned house at the end of the street would know there is a lot of whistling and noise from the wind which could potentially allow zombies to sneak up on you. Likewise you could use it to silently sneak up on Zed’s since they can’t hear your foot steps over the dull roar of a windy day.

+1

I recommend you to play Real Life ™, if you want realistic stuff. ._.
Just as a weather effect, i think. Not much. +1

No, he’s probably right. If you’re not going to implement it properly, what’s the point? The original proposal doesn’t add very much to the game, this is a lot more interesting and adds in a lot more depth. If it’s unfeasible to code it’d be one thing but it’s another thing to vote against it entirely on principle.

This does not need to be a RL simulator, just a FUN game, and I see windy weather and wind turbines as FUN!

If you’re going to implement it, either go all the way or don’t attempt it at all. This game has enough half-baked mechanics as it is, no need for another hackjob.

(also I’m quoting this post whenever people say that realism is a priority and not a half-baked excuse for making the game harder, thank you very much for that.)

How about rare versions.
Hurricanes and tornados. Hurricanes with lots of rainfall and winds that might break a few windows or tear off wooden barricades.
Tornados with falling trees, cars and crippled zombies.

Also sandstorms that have a chance to blind you depending on eyewear and severely restrict vision otherwise.
and before anyone says sandstorms in new england, the dust-bowl ain’t that far away.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:9, topic:5126”]How about rare versions.
Hurricanes and tornados. Hurricanes with lots of rainfall and winds that might break a few windows or tear off wooden barricades.
Tornados with falling trees, cars and crippled zombies.

Also sandstorms that have a chance to blind you depending on eyewear and severely restrict vision otherwise.
and before anyone says sandstorms in new england, the dust-bowl ain’t that far away.[/quote]
That, and portals can create deserts in the surrounding area. Also we have that desert_experimental build.

Windy should be another weather quality though, not just a new climate. A sunny day could be both windy or serene depending on the season, and you can have a rainstorms without any wind at all. But yeah eventually having wind in game would be nice

I looked into the coding and a basic wind addition wouldn’t be hard albeit time consuming but if I create something like that I would only have it control smell and noise levels, anything like power output or speed would have to be done by other people wanting to make something cool into something truly awe inspiring. Because it would be so time consuming though I would only start work on it if I could get the developers and Granade to take interest so I don’t spend days on a project just to get shut down. Sorry if that doesn’t make me sound too invested but I don’t have limitless time with my work schedule and I can only spare that much on sure fire things.