Very fresh, have reached the second day, and I think I’ve been extremely lucky to find a farm and more or less every kind of seed (extracted those via crafting).
- Is there a difference in outcome between 'g’etting something that can be harvested compared to 'e’xamine and then get it (in Unreal World the former just picks parts of the plant, but harvesting gets everything)?
2a. There are dogs on the farm, and as far as I understand those can be tamed by giving them food, but how do I actually do that? Will throwing shreds of cooked meat at them do it, or is that considered an attack? Can it be done from the safe side of the fence?
2b. If I do tame the dogs, how do I feed them, and how often/how much?
- There’s a bunch of chicken at the farm, probably in the same area as the dogs (haven’t dared enter that area). I’ve got a recipe for chicken feed, but how do I give chicken feed (or if it was bird feed) to them, and how much/often do they require it?
- If I use a recipe from a book, will I learn it, or do I have to bring that book out every time I want to use that recipe? I’ve got a cook book that teaches basic recipes and trains up to level 1 (reached by boiling water already). The feedback when reading the book was that I couldn’t learn anything new from it, but yet I interpret the UI to mean I did actually learn one of the recipes in it. If that’s the case, is there a way to select which recipe to learn?
- There’s a whole bunch of plants in the game, and you can 'e’xamine them and then get stuff from them, but how do I know what I (might) get? Checking every prospective plant on the wiki? In a number of cases I’ve gotten decorative plant seeds, which I’m not particularly interested in.
- I’ve found a dehydrator, but it doesn’t seem to work, so I guess it doesn’t have any battery or the battery doesn’t have any charge, but how do I check if items have batteries and whether those are charged or not?
(Same thing with other devices, like the flashlight that’s off and I haven’t yet tried to use).
- On the farm I’ve found two kind of round metal structures with what’s described as metal doors in them (when e’x’amined). However, trying to go through them does nothing, and trying issue an open command says there’s nothing to open. I’ve previously encountered a lab with locked doors, but that told me the doors were locked. Any idea what these things might be and what I might be able to do with them (apart from trying to “harvest” metal from them)?