It STINKS! Food and corpses

Rotten flesh, meat, pizza, tv dinners, milk, etc… Rotten food should have a bigger role because right now it’s only purpose is to not be eaten, I think rotten foods should give off smells that would possibly give the player a moral drop & even make them nauseous if they are around rotting stuff for too long, and also attract animals.
Flies should lay eggs in corpses & rotten meat which, would lead to maggots.

Would you want to sleep with corpses, maggots & flies in your base?

[size=18pt]YES[/size] [sub](with potential new perks)[/sub] or No in which case mops & brooms could have new uses to make a base not smell like liquid ass.

I think this should be a low-med priority fix to make the game more realistic.

Maggots are considered a delicacy in some areas.

I kind of like the smell of liquid ass. And I think this would be great in-game, for that management.

The scent of rotting flesh should be used to distract zombies as well… and you should be able to detect zombies by scent as well, even if it’s only by the smell of rotting.

Of course, if you have a bad sense of smell…

It could also contribute to the scent map (that is always glitching out) and be sorta nice.
But I really dont want Sims: Dark Days Ahead. I dont want to spend my day cleaning my house just to feel lazy at the end of the day and go to sleep. It seems like a lot of micromanagement.

[center]Sims
Dark Days Ahead[/center]

[center]Ever feel like your day-to-day life is too slow?
But also feel like the Sims is too enthusiastic?[/center]

[center][size=24pt]THEN THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU!!![/size][/center]

[center]Introducing 100 new weapons to MURDER and MICROMANAGE with!!!
Hate your job? DRIVE A SEMI INTO THE BUILDING!!!

There is no saving! PERMADEATH SIMS

WAKE UP and make CEREAL every morning for your ZOMBIE CHILDREN
Attach CHAINSAWS to the FRONT OF YOUR TRUCK and RUN OVER ALL YOUR ANNOYING NEIGHBORS

Do you like PEOPLE? TOO BAD, THEY’RE GLITCHY AS FUCK![/center]

Hate people? No problem, kill them. Otherwise they will corrupt your save file world.
Dont like having to do hard work IRL? Have a animated @ do it for you.
Dont want to eat your vegatables? Burn them with gasoline.
Dont want to do your homework? Use it as toilet paper.
Dont want to be chained down? Walk forever eastward with a backpack and nothing else.

Is life too boring? Want to end it all? Want to jump out a window?
You cant. Z levels are not in yet.

Yay sims dda! \o/
Can i build 4 walls aroung the said sim and let him shit, pee himself and starve to death like i did im first sims game? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hungry
Thirsty
Have To Shit Really Badly

[quote=“kilozombie, post:9, topic:2588”]Hungry
Thirsty
Have To Shit Really Badly[/quote]
Good, good.

But I still think that my Z level joke is the best.

You cant. Z levels are not in yet.

[quote=“Otaku, post:10, topic:2588”][quote=“kilozombie, post:9, topic:2588”]Hungry
Thirsty
Good, good.

But I still think that my Z level joke is the best.

You cant. Z levels are not in yet.[/quote]

Sorry man. kilozombie’s gave me a good laugh every time I saw it last night :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow kilozombie, just wow, that’s epic.
Also I’m filing an issue, “Attach chainsaws to vehicles”.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:9, topic:2588”]Hungry
Thirsty

Shat himself : morale -75

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

GUYS… guys

I think rotten food/corpses and the smells/morale system has been talked about. I know Kevin was talking about introducing scent as a sense that could tie into game effects.

I don’t think flies etc really need to be modeled. A morale penalty from being around smelly gross rotting things could probably encompass the smell as well as any potential insect issues that might come with it.

FYI this is what I’m thinking about.

1. rotting/aging system change.
    Currently some food is marked with “spoils” and has a spoil age, all items have a birthday timestamp.
    If current time - item birthday is larger than the spoil age, the item gets marked as spoiled.
    If current time - item birthday is larger than spoil age * 2, the item is deleted.

I want to change this to, birthday, age to change, and item to change to.
It would work more or less like the current system, but instead of being marked (spoiled), it would just be replaced with a new item that’s spoiled or otherwise aged (with a new birthday).
This lets us mix it up some, like meat chunk and cooked meat will have different spoil times, but both turn into rotten meat. Rotten meat would then have its own spoil time, at the end of which it would either turn into a puddle of meat goo or similar, or just evaporate. This is a much more flexible system, and lets people tweak it in mods, also you can do wacky things like set up cycles. This may also tie in to plant growth.

1. player scentmap
    If we can get performance issues to behave, we also want to tag things as scent generators, rotting food, zombies, other nasty monsters, but also gasoline and other chemicals, smoke, mold, etc…
    This would be displayed to the player as the ambient scent (next to temperature or something), and the player could take an action to determine where the scent seems to be coming from.

While the discussion it covering decaying foodstuffs, has anybody thought about RV refrigerators? We already have stoves and sinks and cookware in the RV kitchen unit, why not add the option to store food in it and make it last longer, or else maybe make it a special type of storage box that preserves food for longer?

You know, something that’s quicker than canning/vacuum sealing but doesn’t preserve food indefinitely.

Working refrigerators has come up, it’s just a bit complicated to handle, especially the way spoilage is done right now, as it’s tied directly to time since creation. The whole slow work/aging thing may make that a feasable thing to do as well.

If you do rework food spoilage it might be worthwhile to work in some method of influencing the spoil rates. I can almost guarantee that people are eventually going to want ways to keep food fresh, so rather than reworking the spoilage system again in the future, it might worthwhile finding a way to future-proof the system.

I won’t pretend it’s easy. I’ve spent some time thinking about it and haven’t come up with something that doesn’t sound either incredibly script-intensive or highly exploitable.

[quote=“Hyena Grin, post:18, topic:2588”]If you do rework food spoilage it might be worthwhile to work in some method of influencing the spoil rates. I can almost guarantee that people are eventually going to want ways to keep food fresh, so rather than reworking the spoilage system again in the future, it might worthwhile finding a way to future-proof the system.

I won’t pretend it’s easy. I’ve spent some time thinking about it and haven’t come up with something that doesn’t sound either incredibly script-intensive or highly exploitable.[/quote]

Good point.