New Cataclysm music

[spoiler]as a long standing member in this community i vote that we should add this song to the cataclysms music playlist, who agrees?

[size=6pt]jk jk[/size]

[/spoiler]
but being serious having more than the one music would be nice, not sure if this has been suggested or if no one has thought of it yet, also im wondering who made the music currently in the game.

We have a whole album that was made for the Cataclysm game, we just haven’t gotten around to completely implementing it yet.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:2, topic:5946”]We have a whole album that was made for the Cataclysm game, we just haven’t gotten around to completely implementing it yet.[/quote] oh, ok.

As you can see in this thread, they were someones going by the handle spookypen and Thrustwolf…

to tell the truth, optional sound effects would be nicer: wind, rain, birds, steps, shuffles, screams, explosions, shots, radio voices, engines, tires… etc…
eai

hah, and 100x harder to implement right >_<
The thing about music support is it’s just a few isolated pieces of code, for sound you’d need to integrate it all over the game, plus it’s really hard to get sound effects not sounding totally crappy.
Actually the music has been a little problematic too, packaging it with the source code had the unintended consequence of swamping the build bot, we need to figure out a better delivery method.

Maybe set it up so that you just drop the proper music files into a specific folder? Then you could just have a separate music download that you could bundle in for the stable versions (and would allow people to potentially add their own music file if they change the name to match).

(That said I know absolutely nothing about sound-based code stuff, so I have no idea how feasible that would be compared to what we are currently doing.)

A file’s a file, so it really doesn’t matter where it is. This is one of those times I really hate windows, if it was linux only I’d just have it wget the files from the server, but there’s no easy way to do that on windows.