Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

[quote=“nickspaceman, post:1620, topic:5570”][quote=“RAM, post:1618, topic:5570”]Copying the Mi-go chat to a mess of other things and give them minor activity strings. So that coyotes can gaze at you menacingly, dogs can paw nervously at the ground, squirrels can dart behind cover… Just generally spam the message log with random background activities…

Bonus points if it can switch between lists based upon the creature’s current activity, but that would probably be less simple.[/quote]
this. we need this some one get on it or you’ll make me do something[/quote]

Seems like an idea that sounds good on paper but could rapidly qualify as log-spam in implementation. Sorry.

[quote=“Catfoodbob, post:1619, topic:5570”]Batter Fried Fish Chairs- chairs made from fried fish for some strange reason.

Superhero Cheezeburger Model- a model of a superhero out of cheezeburgers[/quote]

Heh. Can’t say there’s any need for these, but it’s amusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about being able to use the CVD machine to diamondize arrows/bolts? I wouldn’t say no to an end-level pike either…

And punch daggers. I want diamond punch daggers.

And punch daggers. I want diamond punch daggers.[/quote]

Diamond edged chainsaw

[quote=“KA101, post:1621, topic:5570”][quote=“nickspaceman, post:1620, topic:5570”][quote=“RAM, post:1618, topic:5570”]Copying the Mi-go chat to a mess of other things and give them minor activity strings. So that coyotes can gaze at you menacingly, dogs can paw nervously at the ground, squirrels can dart behind cover… Just generally spam the message log with random background activities…

Bonus points if it can switch between lists based upon the creature’s current activity, but that would probably be less simple.[/quote]
this. we need this some one get on it or you’ll make me do something[/quote]

Seems like an idea that sounds good on paper but could rapidly qualify as log-spam in implementation. Sorry.[/quote]

Seen other games pull it off well, so long as it’s toned down and perhaps not as chatty as mi-gos are now. I think it should be tied in with the perception attribute, lower-perception survivors or ones blinded by pain or a hangover are not going to notice squirrels grooming themselves, while a hyper-perceptive transhuman bionic sniper high on crack and adderal should absolutely notice EVERYTHING to where the player gets sensory overload as well via logspam. It could be a fun gameplay mechanic.

Maybe to tone it down, messages only relate to what an entity is doing. If a dog goes from ignoring to tracking, a perceptive survivor should get a message like ‘The dog has a hungry look in it’s eye’ or somesuch.

A player.json file that contains some of the hardcoded factors in the game now, like baseline amount of food and water needed for a 24 hour period, skill/attribute gain from stats (eg how much carry weight gets increased per point of strength), see distance, night see distance, etc.

It should open up a lot of options for modding

I like that.

Could it be possible to have a “Acquired Taste”-perk allowing survior to enjoy eating/drinking things that usually give negative to morale?

possible yes… although seems to me like if anything it should go the other way. eating something nasty a bunch should give more negative effects or at the least only slightly lessen penalty. Our survivors have lived in pre-apoc world after all, and know how good food CAN taste, never having any of those good foods again would have me bummed out from time to time.

Unless it’s an option toggle. And is strictly what-you-can-see-or-hear-based, or it would be similar to “X’s battery dies!” while being several levels below ground and the X in question.

So im not sure if this has been said yet or anything but id like to be able to dive around my NPC buddies or my dog in my car.

npcs, yes

Doges: hover over a grave
No

How about having laser tripwires as traps in labs/military installations. They can’t be seen with the naked eye but infrared goggles (or the mutation) let you avoid/disarm them. You could also solid snake it by smoking near them…

or just seeing the laser things on the wall… well the easily seeable ones anyways.

[quote=“wilson7755, post:1633, topic:5570”]npcs, yes

Doges: hover over a grave
No[/quote]

Okay, I just think having my military transporter full of guys and go take on a bunch of zombies would be awesome.

Hollywood lasers, IR or no, aren’t that useful.

Passive IR detection would be workable but also risks making the security too tight to be playable. (Either zeds set it off so it’s firing repeatedly, or you’re the only one and the area’s a no-go zone.)

I have like 3 maybe four APC’s in my starter town and the neighboring 3 house “village” Going to hook them all together into one super APC when I can, stuffing it full of NPC’s? That would be awesome.

[spoiler=Lit’s imagination gone rampant]
Everyone gets a window… NO Jeff quite trying to take Ellies window! If you don’t quit you get to ride front bumper!.. #$%^&(&^%$% … No in FRONT of the ram…^^&&%^%^… Don’t worry so much we’ll make you a rig so your pansy ass can sit down and shoot…(#^(@$^%#(…Well of coarse we are still going to ram zombies… THATS THE POINT…#(&%(#&%(#*%…OF COARSE we are going to go at 100MPH, you wouldn’t get sufficient blood splatter otherwise.

…Hey someone draw this in HUGLAGHALGHALGHAL XD
"front seat of death train"[/spoiler]

A turret that shoots a grappling hook with rope that when driving drags the live creature behind teh vehicle continuously being damaged. kinda like an endless faceslide.

also best worst moment ever would be the turret misfires and hits you while you jumped out of the vehicle driving 90 mph…

Reality bubble exceptions for funnels, not sure if possible.