Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

It already exists. Funnels collect rain retroactively.

Scientific Tailors kit- A tailor kit designed for tough and tricky materials and has alot of the tools inside made of superalloy… also perhaphs require tools with cutting 5 or more to cut Kevlar cause really that stuff is hard to cut…

Not exactly related, but tangentially:
When my item action PR update gets in, one of the effects will be easy changing of which stuff can a given tool cut. Someone earlier requested scissors being unable to cut kevlar, for example.

perhaphs make the kit required for survivor armor

Power armor encumberance should be partially dependent on strength.

Isn’t the whole point of powered-armour that it detect the user’s motion and moves to match it? It would seem to make sense for the user’s strength to be largely irrelevant while wearing powered armour. The user should merely need to apply pressure to a sensor panel or something similar…

I agree with RAM completely on this. It shouldn’t matter if you’re ninety pounds soaking wet so long as the armor is actually powered.

I worded that badly. Unpowered power armor encumberance should be partially dependent on encumberance. Part of the reason the encumberance is so high is because it would be hard to move around with without whatever jargon lowers the encumberance when activated. But that should be relatively irrelevant to someone who has insanely high amounts of strength.

With the current archery beign what it is could the fabrication needed for fletching be dropped to one?
As it is you don’t really get to use bows w/out leaving the shelter and finding some books to train your fabrication?

Actually pretty sure it already works like this for tiger style. As your strength buff stacks you start to be able to ignore the encumberance despite it being high. You just need the initial hits to get you going, and not to spend more than 1 turn not hitting.

You can also salvage power armour by deconstructing it and make a variant without the gizmos and servos.

Could Terrerian Sonar allow you to see what’s in the ground under wreckage (possibly in a small radius) without digging it up? It could be vague, too… ‘large plate’ for steel/hard/milcomp plates, ‘a CBM’ for any cbm, ‘rifle’ for a weapon, etc.

Has there been any plans about adding dualwielding?

Sword/pistol and board at most, and it’s a low priority.

Sword/pistol and board at most, and it’s a low priority.[/quote]
Balls, there goes my “JohnRambo”-build.:smiley:

I would expect a ten in melee to be enough to pull off a rapier/swordbreaker combination. Or the classical approach of carrying two loaded pistols and firing them in sequence(it makes a lot of sense with single-shot flintlocks). And while dual-wielding isn’t much use for actually hitting things, I would expect it to be useful for suppression to aid in fleeing if that ever becomes a thing. Speaking of, some sort of suppression effect would be nice. Maybe a little bit of time loss if you are hit, damaged, or shot at? Oh, but that wouldn’t be simple… Hrmm, I am really off-topic here, sorry.
Umm…

A powdered egg recipe that uses quantities that are consistent with the number of eggs that one is likely to find?

When dual-wielding gets added, it should carry a serious disadvantage when picking stuff on the ground, opening doors, eating, drinking, etc.

I can’t wait until someone talks in the “how did you die” topic about how they somehow died for no reason while looting something in front of a zombie horde while wearing a machete and a tower shield.

Riot shield as a weapon. Because half-implementing things never goes wrong…

Reminds me:
Uses for dahlia (except the root, which has one), bluebell and separate uses for poppy parts.

At least some stupid bluebell tea or something.

Cocaine and other powder-y drugs should spawn inside of plastic bags.

Just wondering…would it be realistic to add a chance to vomit while butchering a zombie, making smashing a better option for a survior with say weak stomach?
Butchering a rotting zombie can’t be a pleasant thing.
While talking 'bout vomiting maybe add a chance to vomit inside your mouthgear rendering it useless until properly cleaned?