Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

I bet this has been asked earlier, but my gunslinger needs badly some western firearms like Peacemaker.

You should check out the Leadworks catalog, then. We’ve got several nice autorevolvers and a lever-action rifle for just this eventuality!

And a fine job they do upholding Colt’s tradition in making tools to the frontier, but maybe a rare spawn in museum or mansion in display couldn’t hurt…?

Yeah, having a Single Action Army would be a nice thing, they’re vintage firearms and could be reasonably expected to be owned by a collector. A Winchester 1886 or an 1887 would be pretty cool too.

Oh hell yeah. I’d love to see some lever action shotties in CDDA, mostly for the aesthetic.

same 30-30 was my first deer rifle and my fathers first deer rifle. Good rifles are good. 10/22 is great lever-action too.

Not sure if simple: Despawn turrets within 6 tiles of Lab Challenge character initial spawns, to prevent instant death on spawn-in.

A BIG pleasepleaseplease for this.
So FUN to spend 20 minutes to write background to your survior, start the game and…POWPOWPOW!
"Mankinds last hope woke up after beign knocked unconsious by the explosion. The sirens had stopped and everything was quite. Wearily Mankinds Last Hope took couple of careful catlike steps towards the door to hallway. Suddenly his catlike nightvision picked out faint details of an turret in the center of the room…Oh fu…POWPOWPOW!"
Oh well, back to the Pretty Boy, a 100-point bionic monster out to eat the world (after reaching chimeras threshold).

I thought about making something like this for all backgrounds - despawning all monsters within reality bubble on spawn, unless “surrounded start” option is selected.
We have a feature freeze right now, but I may implement it after it’s lifted.

Make nuclear missiles actually kill its targets.

[quote=“troll from behind, post:1608, topic:5570”]A BIG pleasepleaseplease for this.
So FUN to spend 20 minutes to write background to your survior, start the game and…POWPOWPOW!
"Mankinds last hope woke up after beign knocked unconsious by the explosion. The sirens had stopped and everything was quite. Wearily Mankinds Last Hope took couple of careful catlike steps towards the door to hallway. Suddenly his catlike nightvision picked out faint details of an turret in the center of the room…Oh fu…POWPOWPOW!"
Oh well, back to the Pretty Boy, a 100-point bionic monster out to eat the world (after reaching chimeras threshold).[/quote]

Save the character as a template before you begin. That way, you can restart quickly if they get screwed by RNG at the start of the game.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:1609, topic:5570”]I thought about making something like this for all backgrounds - despawning all monsters within reality bubble on spawn, unless “surrounded start” option is selected.
We have a feature freeze right now, but I may implement it after it’s lifted.[/quote]

In my opinion, despawning a reality bubble of monsters would ruin all the urban spawn options.

Unless it only does that with spawns that are not SUPPOSED to start out full of zombies, aka (LMOE) shelters not on the Black Road.

*A bandage until healed option
*A loot option to automatically take none-liquids out of their packaging ((I.E. potato chips, candies, flour, oxidizer powder etc.)
*The ability to diagnose and heal NPCs with a successful first-aid/speech check–the ability to ask them to heal you if they have better first-aid skill
*The ability to manage companion inventory (Wear/wield this, etc.) but with the caveat that you might not be able to convince them to hand the gear back over to you

Also, this only if they trust you enough. And you would not be able to take off their underwear because c’mon man, hahaha.

As far as trust is concerned I think the quality of the item vs what they’re wearing should come into play. I don’t think you’d need to convince anyone wearing survivor armor is a good idea–but having them swap that out for a nanoskirt would take some doing…

Yes, yes! That’s a really good application.

What about this, you can’t tell them to wear X or Y unless you give it to them. You can ask for it back later.

You can’t tell them to take something out. Generally you should swap an X item of yours for the same type of item Y of them if you want them to change. It’d be swapping clothes basically.

So you can only add but not take away. Also, they at start should only accept bigger quality, but if you gain trust with them you could ask to change that backpack for the fanny pack.

Also, you can only ask them to take off if you have good trust with them.

Ok, all that was super overcomplicated, yeah. Dang. Another system idea?

Copying the Mi-go chat to a mess of other things and give them minor activity strings. So that coyotes can gaze at you menacingly, dogs can paw nervously at the ground, squirrels can dart behind cover… Just generally spam the message log with random background activities…

Bonus points if it can switch between lists based upon the creature’s current activity, but that would probably be less simple.

Batter Fried Fish Chairs- chairs made from fried fish for some strange reason.

Superhero Cheezeburger Model- a model of a superhero out of cheezeburgers

[quote=“RAM, post:1618, topic:5570”]Copying the Mi-go chat to a mess of other things and give them minor activity strings. So that coyotes can gaze at you menacingly, dogs can paw nervously at the ground, squirrels can dart behind cover… Just generally spam the message log with random background activities…

Bonus points if it can switch between lists based upon the creature’s current activity, but that would probably be less simple.[/quote]
this. we need this some one get on it or you’ll make me do something