Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

It still sharply conflicts with my experience of both mechanical machinery and computerized machinery (the latter routinely taking the abuse of educating new workers and still only needing maintenance, not repair). But that’s Soviet Union building quality, I guess. Perhaps other countries built their machines to have them repaired instead of used. Or they’re machines I’ve never seen, and thus can’t speak about.[/quote]
When soviets built something it either broke almost immediately or is still working to this day. Capitalism encourages manufactures to build stuff with small flaws in them so they can sell replacement parts.[/quote]

Understood that both of you are in a position to speak from personal knowledge (you live in areas where you’d have personal experience with Soviet/Russian equipment), though you might want to cite that more specifically in future.

Carnivores stopping to nom on corpses when they can. Not like they’d kill something and just walk away.
Don’t bother them while they’re eating or they’ll get pissed.

[quote=“Slax, post:1522, topic:5570”]Carnivores stopping to nom on corpses when they can. Not like they’d kill something and just walk away.
Don’t bother them while they’re eating or they’ll get pissed.[/quote]

Does launching a mininuke at them count as bothering.

You gaze upon the unfathomable mass of dust, scattered flames struggle to survive amidst the debris and devastation as strange winds gust across the scene. You nervously clutch your ammunition, hands shaking too much to get a firm grasp. Staring into the cloud, you hope, and beg, and plead. The formless masses begin to coalesce, you spy a wending thread of obscured shadow, it clears to branches, then it becomes apparent, the form of antlers unmistakable now. You stumble backwards under the barrage of its gaze, you fear it may be… bothered.

Ability to read while driving if your vehicle isn’t actually going anywhere? I can think of stationary generator bikes as an example.

Ability to Crouch and go Prone, and able to shoot behind walls. Oh, and also Napalm…
For things.

Many, Many things.

[quote=“TinHeadDays, post:1526, topic:5570”]Ability to Crouch and go Prone, and able to shoot behind walls. Oh, and also Napalm…
For things.

Many, Many things.[/quote]
Napalm is in the game, I think it’s used as flamethrower fuel.

Locked car doors should be added, for realism.

This. So much this. Also the subsequent pick up menu.

Liquefied royal jelly.

Royal Mead

Some clothing items should intimidate/impress NPCs. I don’t know about you but if some dood was wearing bone/chitin armor or otherwise dressed for the thunderdome I wouldn’t pop over to say hi.

Id say hi "law"l

Some sort of craftable pistol should be a thing. A makeshift pneumatic or spring-loaded weapon using nails for ammo or something would fill the gap there. Something like the sci-fi trope ‘needler’/ fletchette/ dart pistol thing being craft able and default equipment for the ‘bionic assassin’ or ‘agent’ type survivors.

why would a bionic assassin have a make shift gun? also I don’t really get how’d you make a spring loaded hand gun @_@

Well a spring should be able to provide all the power required, although it would probably take a while to set it, and gearing should be able to provide the speed, although that would probably involve a lot of wear, and then you need to transfer the power to the projectile, maybe with some sort of catapult system? It would probably work a lot like a crossbow, but firing pebbles along a barrel, possibly a split barrel… I would imagine that it would be much heavier and bulkier than a chemical pistol, but it wouldn’t need chemical ammunition, just a lot of hand-cranking…

why would a bionic assassin have a make shift gun? also I don’t really get how’d you make a spring loaded hand gun @_@[/quote]

Spring-piston guns are a thing. Those high-end break-action air rifles usually use that design. Compressed air would work too, whatever doesn’t go ‘bang’ would work. My suggestion is the looted ‘needler’ guns would be identical to crafted ones. It’s not like it would need precision parts or rifled barrels or anything you’d need special machining to fabricate. Just the bionic assassin would come with high-tech flechette ammo instead of nails or tiny bolts.

Is it possible to apply fanciness or morale bonuses to C.B.M.s? It occurs to me that there are various contemporary aesthetic and recreational body modifications, such as tattoos and piercings…

Pulse Gun- Basically a ranged you send X target flying

Leather skirt - should be marked as FANCY.

We already have leather skirts in the game. (They aren’t considered fancy, though)