Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Seconded.[/quote]
And spears.

How long do you guys think a quarterstaff is? Because they’re like 6 to 9 feet long. Strapping it to your back would be pretty clunky. Most people would just hold it in their hand, and set it down against a tree or whatever if they needed both hands for something.

What about the zweihander? Albeit I don’t think this is the version of it the was 7 feet long or something.

[quote=“Azrad, post:3796, topic:5570”]A crown. Craftable with gold, perhaps some diamonds. Basically just a very fancy item you can craft and have your stylish survivor wear. Maybe a crown with helmet for some actual defense - like this one http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1320-lionheart-helmet.aspx.

Basically stuff that uses gold or diamonds. Heavy, encumbering clothing/armor for stylish bonuses and swag.[/quote]

I make a PR for crafting crown: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22112.

Can someone update the pr to get the auto fire mechanism working again?

Making gas pumps more durable/less prone to red barrel behavior. I get that it’s sometimes awesome and maybe it’s not really a problem for most people, but I just blew up two gas stations just by trying to pull up next to them; the second one nearly killed my character. Probably a worse problem for new players that don’t know vehicles very well yet.

doesn’t seem particularly accurate for a 100% chance of fiery explosion if the spark and fumes are not substantial. Gasoline doesn’t actually burn, its fumes do, so it would be harder than the game likely portrays it… not that I have any experience with this. My understanding is that you can put a match out in gasoline. Just make sure theres no fumes.

[quote="§k, post:3804, topic:5570"][quote=“Azrad, post:3796, topic:5570”]A crown. Craftable with gold, perhaps some diamonds. Basically just a very fancy item you can craft and have your stylish survivor wear. Maybe a crown with helmet for some actual defense - like this one http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1320-lionheart-helmet.aspx.

Basically stuff that uses gold or diamonds. Heavy, encumbering clothing/armor for stylish bonuses and swag.[/quote]

I make a PR for crafting crown: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22112.[/quote]

It is in the game, now.

So we can now be THE KING!!!

Might just be because I’m eating one, but how about a fried egg sandwich as a simple and filling snack/light meal? It would also help use up individual eggs when you don’t have enough for a full scramble.

Kel Tec PLR 16

More power armour stuff (modules?).

We already have the code for only allowing power armour helmets and hauling frames to be worn with power armour, so adding more stuff - like magnet-holsters, night-vision visors, et cetera - would just be porting functions over to power-armour-only versions.

Only problem is whether this negates one of the main balancing features of power armour (which is the lack of versatility).

Here is a feature complaint, which I’m calling a regression issue.
For all of 2017, now – I am not sure exactly when, but not forever for Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, I have been downloading experimental builds to see if one single matter was changed back to how it used to be:

That matter is the fact that zombies can actually see you by observing security cameras which you are using to view them. Vexingly, they will know where you are even if you are viewing them through a remote vehicle, but a simpler, more direct test of the issue is as follows:

1. Start a brand new game, e.g. with Play Now.
  2. Get outside and spawn a vehicle with the debug menu, something enclosed which has security cameras, where you can hide and see things from. You guessed it – an APC. You could also build something simpler, maybe a wall of boards with a camera and appropriate controls, and a power source. Ideally, like with the APC, your test vehicle should be completely enclosed. Or else it should be raining, the point being to mask your scent.
  3. Get to the camera controls and turn it on, and make sure it works to view the world. Such wondrous things, ahhh, cameras – such potential for delightful surveillance! Ahem, anyway. Do take note of a spot of terrain in an open area by your vehicle, between which and you are boards.
  4. Now turn the camera system off, observing the inky blackness for a serene moment, and don’t move. Not one step.
  5. Now, spawn a zombie in the inky blackness where you had memorized terrain as previously seen from through the camera. You did memorize that terrain, right?
  6. Wait several turns… The suspense… Did it hear you? Does it smell you? Can it detect you in any way?
  7. When satisfied that the zombie cannot detect you, go ahead and turn the camera system on without taking any noisy steps.
  8. Observe in abject horror as the zombie lumbers towards your vehicle’s boards and proceeds to smash and crash against it, trying to get to the precious cargo within, now able to see YOU through the electronic lens of the security camera! AGHH IT’S THROUGH ALREADY, LET GO OF MY ARM!! AGHHHHH!!!

I have noticed some posts here about inadvertent changes made to security cameras in 2016. “I apparently also changed the security cameras?”, etc. I suppose 2016 was when this mess all started.

Posted here under Needful Things because although I have played CDDA since 0.6 (ordinarily I report bugs through email), I can’t play anymore without this issue being dealt with. My tactics are all for naught, even the ones I used before security cameras, because of new and challenging areas where I keep saying, “I could really use a security camera – oh wait, they’re broken, that’s right! WHAT IS THAT?! OWW MY LEG!!”

Thank you, and great job on CDDA as a whole.

This thread really isn’t a good place to file a bug report, we have a bug report board, or the issue tracker on github for that. I think this bug is known, though – it affects turrets, too, as they will see you and try to shoot you when you view them on a camera.

The ability to modify any clothing into extra large mutation friendly clothing via the tailor kit and high tailoring skills.

Armored trench coat/duster. Not just kevlar lined.

Don’t want to double post so -

Construction components for vehicles, just like the farming equipment.

A bulldozer shovel could clear debris converting it into a pile that accumulates inside it.

A bucket shovel for forming shallow pits.

A drill for digging deep pits.

A jack hammer attachment for clearing walls and floors.

The ability to use BOTH hands (dual wielding). Like a gun on your left hand and a knife on the other. This could ruin the balance of the game but hell, it’s just a suggestion.

Maybe you could tweak it like you’re unable to use flashlight unless you’re wielding it, and two handed weapons such as a rifle or something uses both left and right hands. Also when your arm is broken you cannot use that arm.

Oh, and more NPC related stuff like some sort of a blackmarket where you can buy random scavenged and sell your loot to salesmen…

Somebody needs to make bartering more useful!!

Slowly getting there.

There is a lot of talk about power armor… this could be used as some kind of influence…