Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

I do that now with my Luxury RV and the composite armor ram I borrowed from a military humvee. Going about 10 mph and stopping after you make contact will cause most cars to roll several squares and generally does 0 damage to my RV.
You have to make sure they have wheels beforehand, they won’t roll without them, and shoving immobile cars will hurt your vehicle a lot more. (I have a grenade launcher mounted on my RV for clearing wreckage off bridges. Three or four grenades reduces it to almost nothing, then I can smash my way through what little is left.)[/quote]
Good to know and what kind of grenades specifically.

Concussive ones, they’re fairly common on military vehicles. Like maybe a quarter of all the military vehicles I come across have a belt of them in a turret.
Flashbangs and incendiaries won’t do much to a vehicle’s structure in comparison.

Feral humans. NPCs that spawn after a certain time in game. Basically humans who physically survived the Cataclysm, but mentally snapped. They managed to survive out in the wild on instinct and brute force.

They always spawn hostile, and have decent stats and somewhat decent gear, mainly aimed at being very dangerous at melee.

Cleaning off bile with a towel should make the towel (filthy).

In worlds with Filthy mod on - yes, but what about non-filthy worlds?

You can clean bile off with a towel I though you had to use eye drops for that?

Nah did it last night. Towel wasn’t even wet afterwords either.

Dogs that have been tied to a spot should bark when they spot an unknown NPC or a Zed. It will create a noise that has a chance to wake the player when they are sleeping.

In worlds with Filthy mod on - yes, but what about non-filthy worlds?[/quote]

In non-filthy worlds, I guess there would be no change, seeing as this would affect only the filthy mod.

Some things I’d like to see:
-Tool condition decay with use(Churning with hoes is an example of tool use that should have a cond. decay)
-Being able to inspect how damaged an wall/furniture/etc is by looking at/examining it
-A way to deconstruct walls and some furniture without smashing them(probally already mentioned in this topic)
-Cooler boxes, ice, and other ways (aside from mini-refrigerator) to get food cold enough to preserve them for longer.
^^On this note, dry ice could also be added. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLNHDxd6nDc
-Teaching followers skills and martial arts. I guess if it works one way, it could work both ways, right? Followers can become useful for some things, seeing as they reduce craft time depending on skill.

In worlds with Filthy mod on - yes, but what about non-filthy worlds?[/quote]

Make it wet? Since it is a liquid of sorts.

I do have the filthy mod on, I actually like it. It stops me from shredding the first few zombie’s clothes I see and turning it into a bunch of armor.

going to echo the already suggested being able to put a brick on a car’s accelerator, throwing cars at people or zombies in video games is a fun past time, it’d be most useful in cataclysm as well and as far as punk’s response, well… cars are a dime a dozen anyway, so you’d really be wasting your own repair time, mostly.

double post, but, before i forget again, dosing oneself correctly to install CBMs is a bit broken, no no, i actually don’t mind the requirement of painkillers, what i have issue with is not being able to trivially tell how much painkillers are needed.

let us not forget that pain is a side effect of a sensory organ, if one needs to find a dosage of painkillers all any layman has to do is does themselves slowly, but at a consistent rate while measuring the amount of pain still perceived, basically you pinch your arm or something until it’s tolerable and then you’re good to go.

[quote=“TooDAMNMuch, post:3711, topic:5570”]double post, but, before i forget again, dosing oneself correctly to install CBMs is a bit broken, no no, i actually don’t mind the requirement of painkillers, what i have issue with is not being able to trivially tell how much painkillers are needed.

let us not forget that pain is a side effect of a sensory organ, if one needs to find a dosage of painkillers all any layman has to do is does themselves slowly, but at a consistent rate while measuring the amount of pain still perceived, basically you pinch your arm or something until it’s tolerable and then you’re good to go.[/quote]
Are you talking about if your first aid skill is low that you don’t get arbitrary numbers on how close you are to being abl to install.

basically i feel any skill check is a bit excessive, anyone can measure if they’re still able to feel pain.

I think was supposed to be the idea that with little or no skill you are supposed to get a general ideas but at some point you know the specifics.

it just seems an awful lot of groping about blindly in the dark for the correct dosage is all, for what it’s worth, i play a character with pretty good first aid skills and was getting the third level result anyway, still being told some incredibly vague information at that level, less than half, more than half, what the crap is that?

i also really need to investigate just how much painkilling needs to be going on to do the installation, it seemed high personally - i did eventually conclude “fuck it” and cheat morphine and a syringe after all - but i was installing somewhat decent bionics, so hopefully that was why.

i want to be clear on my opinions of the CBM changes here, since re-reading that post it could sound more negative than really intended.

1. i honestly don’t mind the pain function in installing CBMs
  2. pain is a non-issue, it should be completely ignorable, pain can never directly be fatal in and of itself, so remind me, why do i have to care in the first place? also do pain resistant and other traits and similar effects correctly modify? i’m not arguing that every ordinary average joe should be able to just slap CBMs in on the go willy nilly, but at the same time you can be pretty resistant to punishment in this game.
    i feel like if you really wanted to and were just that much of a badass you should be able to just force yourself to tolerate it, but i think you should be limited with a debuff that prevents installing CBMs while it is active each time you do so, in other words, if you really need to, then fine, but you’ll be actively blocked from doing so again for a while as well and probably take some damage during installation.
  3. i feel the way it currently works is a bit needlessly a chore, it would be nice to have the option to correctly dose and wait the correct amount of time simply by activating the CBM, provided you have all the materials to proceed instead of having to do each step manually and by total guesswork.
  4. finally, if anyone can share them, i’d really love to know exactly how much painkillers x bionic needs to be installed or just more details in general, i assume it scales with CBM complexity, i have to assume morphine is overkill, but at the same time i ate way too many lesser painkillers by the handfuls before giving up and handing myself the morphine, i can reason it wasn’t a ludicrous amount though as i didn’t overdose as far as i’m aware and to be clear i didn’t initially understand the feedback the game gives, i took some painkillers and attempted and was told how long they would need to take full effect, at which point i waited that amount of time only to realize that simply wasn’t enough and took a few more, repeated this a couple times and then the morphine.

edit: the more i think about it, first aid should probably enable the survivor to roughly estimate the required dosage of a given painkiller before needing to take any at high skill levels.

Still working on reading your whole post toodamnmuch but here is an seer to your how much pain killers you need for all children installations.

30min wait after taking:2 oxycodone, 2morphine
Between 5 and 15 minute wait after taking: 1heroin (with what it takes to craft you are better off finding it)
Codien can at best be used to help boost thing just a little bit cannot be used on it’s own unfortunately.

I used it to install a CBM, it took 2 pills I think.

You can already do that with cruise control. Start the engine, set cruise speed, jump out. The car will keep going on its own.

Arg, never mind, just tested it and it doesn’t work (though I seem to recall it did at some point).

It must have been considered a bug.

Add a militia holdout basement derived from the gun basement, filled with guns_rare spawns and bandits.

Add a bloodstain near the door 40% of the time as a warning.