Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Some sort of aquatic map. In general there’s hardly ever a use for swimming.

Like, some sort of area taken over the nether creatures, perhaps? Or several zombie snappers which I assume are far more faster under water. Basically a labyrinth where several areas are deep water tiles, forcing the survivor to swim deep into the area, basically make the loot be surrounded by water, making it more difficult to skip the area via jackhammering.

Some high-grade loot as rewards, like lab stuff. If nether creatures are involved perhaps some type of specific artifact… maybe something limited use, like create water tiles - which would be nice for those setting up stationary bases with no water source nearby.

1 Like

someone modified a map to be seeded off of ocean space, and became very ocean world like… lots of little islands and bridges scattered everywhere.

Think they basically deleted the map and then spawned an ocean tile and then started playing and let it generate from there. Sounded really neat, a way to make this into a toggle-able setting would be nice.

[quote=“Litppunk, post:3682, topic:5570”]someone modified a map to be seeded off of ocean space, and became very ocean world like… lots of little islands and bridges scattered everywhere.

Think they basically deleted the map and then spawned an ocean tile and then started playing and let it generate from there. Sounded really neat, a way to make this into a toggle-able setting would be nice.[/quote]
It would certainly give the boats mod a use however you cannot go under bridges which would limit their effective range. The more world types option really should be fleshed out.

Another only slightly related thing. Add a tool or also allow a funnel to collect morning dew and maybe add a snow item that can be collected in funnels that you can then melt into water. If you have the means to start a fire winter should be a water needing man’s best friend.

eh… theres so many ways to get water as is… rain collection could almost do with a debuff.

The tilesets changing the ground color to white, is purely aesthetics. Otherwise there would need to be a mechanic for slowing things movement speed in the winter. “trudging through snow”

I think the lore excuses this by saying global warming and rifts have changed the ecology, which is why South-Western animals are able to live so far North-East, and theoretically why the game never addresses snowfall as anything other than cold rain.

1 Like

[quote=“Litppunk, post:3684, topic:5570”]eh… theres so many ways to get water as is… rain collection could almost do with a debuff.

The tilesets changing the ground color to white, is purely aesthetics. Otherwise there would need to be a mechanic for slowing things movement speed in the winter. “trudging through snow”

I think the lore excuses this by saying global warming and rifts have changed the ecology, which is why South-Western animals are able to live so far North-East, and theoretically why the game never addresses snowfall as anything other than cold rain.[/quote]
Guess I just need to craft bigger containers to put under my funnels.

Guess I just need to craft bigger containers to put under my funnels.
Use your plastic. If you have a fire you can use it to craft plastic chunks > 4x Plastic Bowls > Plastic mold

Which can be used at a fire to use all your excess plastic to craft various water bottles, gallon jugs and with the addition of some string; Plastic jerrycans which hold 40 liquid units. Make a couple of those and you can always have a clean and a dirty water canister, and be guaranteed to never run out of drinkable water.

For more extreme use such as large scale crafting of glue etc… that requires lots of water, you can craft a barrel in the construction menu or hopefully switch over to metal/vehicle tanks.

[quote=“Litppunk, post:3686, topic:5570”]Use your plastic. If you have a fire you can use it to craft
plastic chunks > 4x Plastic Bowls > Plastic mold

Which can be used at a fire to use all your excess plastic to craft various water bottles, gallon jugs and with the addition of some string; Plastic jerrycans which hold 40 liquid units. Make a couple of those and you can always have a clean and a dirty water canister, and be guaranteed to never run out of drinkable water.

For more extreme use such as large scale crafting of glue etc… that requires lots of water, you can craft a barrel in the construction menu or hopefully switch over to metal/vehicle tanks.[/quote]
How do you think I made the funnels and the gallon jugs for them in the first place. But it looks like plastic barrels are what I need. Basically until I get stuff sorted out I don’t want to go out of my fortified house unless absolutely necessary.

On yet another note. I suggest we edit the description of the 30-06 pipe rifle or change the available attachment as I find it dumb that it says it was made to support more attachments but all it has is a stock slot and a muzzle slot plus accessories and that’s it compared to the 308 pipe rifle which has at least one in every possible slot.

1 Like

Find a sugar house, 4-6 200L drums, 3 wood barrels, and 8 60L tanks in many of them.

But it looks like plastic barrels are what I need.

You would be amazed at how easy it is to forget that plastic molds are a thing…

Ugh, oops sorry for not being more clear. I meant wooden barrels. there are no plastic barrels that I am aware of… though… this is the right thread to note that…

We should have plastic barrels.<<<

No Prepper worth their salt would prep without barrels of salt for preserving meats, which come in plastic barrels to prevent corrosion, buoyant docks are made out of plastic barrels and many chemicals are also kept in plastic barrels to prevent reactions with metal barrels.

1 Like

As I recall, disassembling large fire extinguishers provide steel jerrycans.

There is in fact a plastic barrel as well: the 30 gallon barrel, though you need like 8 fabrication for it, and several plastic jerrycans.

[quote=“Azrad, post:3690, topic:5570”]As I recall, disassembling large fire extinguishers provide steel jerrycans.

There is in fact a plastic barrel as well: the 30 gallon barrel, though you need like 8 fabrication for it, and several plastic jerrycans.[/quote]
Normally I find it really weird that you need different containers to make other containers. But considering our plastic mold is made of 4 plastic bowls I can imagine its not that good at making really big things.

Speaking of which either plastic body armor of some kind or a solid plastic plate that you can either mount on your vehicle or use in the mbr vest. Either way not very good against cutting damage but pretty good against bashing damage.

Vehicle-mounted washing machine. Acts as a container; load up on filthy items, have some soap/detergent and a source of water nearby, then activate the thing and boom - pile of clean clothing.

Or I could be in one of your vehichle tanks.

Working on this for some time. Unfortunately, I have problems code-wise at the moment, and I think I need help from anyone more qualified to finish it.

[quote=“DeWolf, post:3685, topic:5570”][quote=“Litppunk, post:3684, topic:5570”]eh… theres so many ways to get water as is… rain collection could almost do with a debuff.

I think the lore excuses this by saying global warming and rifts have changed the ecology, which is why South-Western animals are able to live so far North-East, and theoretically why the game never addresses snowfall as anything other than cold rain.[/quote]
Guess I just need to craft bigger containers to put under my funnels.[/quote]

Just take the gas tank out of any vehicle and empty it. Boom, free 60L container.

Also, we REALLY need to get different stances in the game. It doesn’t have to be as intricate as the Dwarf Fortress system, just standing, crouching and prone. This could make sneaking around zombies a whole lot easier.

One more thing. Add a telescopic mirror. You could use it to peek around corners without exposing yourself. This would be especially useful in Science Labs, where there could be turrets around a corner. Also, make it possible to bounce grenades off of walls and objects. Just a simple refraction or vector would work. Maybe also add a way to choose how hard you want to throw it, and if you want to throw it under or overhand.

Just thought of another thing. EOD suits. Would make disarming mines a whole lot safer. And add cool suits to keep from overheating in heavy armor.

You can shift x to peek around a corner this does not use moves and enemies cannot shoot you while doing so, you also cannot wait while in this mode or do any action besides looking.
While I would also like to bounce grenades off walls this would probably require a rewrite of how thrown stuff works after all how to make a grenade bounce but a knife not.
I was going to say something about the eod suits being resistant to both bombs and bullets however in real life they actually are. Thing is shrapnel damage is pretty random I have heard of people getting killed by land mines even in heavy power armor.

Asymmetrical mutations so only one arm or leg could transform into something and additional useful limbs like tentacle, third arm or flexible tail. Mutant with two right arms and a giant spiked tentacle in place of his left hand sounds pretty awesome.

[quote=“DeWolf, post:3696, topic:5570”]You can shift x to peek around a corner this does not use moves and enemies cannot shoot you while doing so, you also cannot wait while in this mode or do any action besides looking.
While I would also like to bounce grenades off walls this would probably require a rewrite of how thrown stuff works after all how to make a grenade bounce but a knife not.
I was going to say something about the eod suits being resistant to both bombs and bullets however in real life they actually are. Thing is shrapnel damage is pretty random I have heard of people getting killed by land mines even in heavy power armor.[/quote]One solution could be making it so that everything capable of making the distance, but the rebound retains almost none of the actual damaging force of the throw.

The ability to gently nudge another vehichle out of the way without damaging the vehichle in question or your own vehichle. Would be particularly capable if your vehichle has more mass than the one you want to push and useful if say you are trying to drive a tank across a bridge.

I do that now with my Luxury RV and the composite armor ram I borrowed from a military humvee. Going about 10 mph and stopping after you make contact will cause most cars to roll several squares and generally does 0 damage to my RV.
You have to make sure they have wheels beforehand, they won’t roll without them, and shoving immobile cars will hurt your vehicle a lot more. (I have a grenade launcher mounted on my RV for clearing wreckage off bridges. Three or four grenades reduces it to almost nothing, then I can smash my way through what little is left.)

1 Like