Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Mansions should have marble floors and maybe could produce more sound when you stepped on them like Thief. Maybe even an unnoticeable/pointless +5 morale boost when on top of one?

And why are the carpet floor tiles never utilized? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any in anyplace but the home improvement stores or the furniture store (either or, don’t remember).

And while I’m typing lol… this game really needs like side streets and different kinds of roads. There’s highways and stuff but they are kinda lame cuz they never manage to be that long like a real one and they just feel samey. If someone came along and made a super road revival mod that would be the best, one way roads, alley ways littered with trash, those roads with the gardens and trees in the middle, what about like bike/hiking trails? I could go on forever.

Just some sick suggestions, don’t know if they belong here, & don’t know if they’ve been made already, pce out though.

An idea for a starting scenario, unless it already exists and I didn’t notice. Caught criminal: start near a police car, and mainly the difficulty of the scenario is that you start with electronic handcuffs locked in your wrists.

i’m sure electronic handcuffs are just like electric socks in that it makes perfect sense after you realize why, but what the heck would handcuffs need to be electronic for? like a force field instead of a chain so you can’t escape them easily or what?

[quote=“Azrad, post:3623, topic:5570”]Deep fryer machine (most probably better at the bad ideas thread, maybe).

Something that I thought of after seeing how the CWD machine works now in the game.

Anyway, something that gets constructed in-game like a smoking rack. When examined, you get to pick any solid food in the survivor’s inventory, and if you have cooking oil and something for batter. The item gets cooked, and bam, deep fried version. Food gets the junk food added as food material, is unhealthier but provides better morale when eaten.[/quote]Reminds me pleasantly of the SS13 deep fryer. Good times.

[quote=“iceball3, post:3644, topic:5570”][quote=“Azrad, post:3623, topic:5570”]Deep fryer machine (most probably better at the bad ideas thread, maybe).

Something that I thought of after seeing how the CWD machine works now in the game.

Anyway, something that gets constructed in-game like a smoking rack. When examined, you get to pick any solid food in the survivor’s inventory, and if you have cooking oil and something for batter. The item gets cooked, and bam, deep fried version. Food gets the junk food added as food material, is unhealthier but provides better morale when eaten.[/quote]Reminds me pleasantly of the SS13 deep fryer. Good times.
[/quote]

so then we can have deep fried vorpal dildo-weapons? i like this idea.

Blob armor. One of the mods can use blobs as a vehicle parts, so why not extend that to wearable clothing/armor. Some kind of goo worn close to the skin, made with mutagens and perhaps some other ingredients similar to making the blob vehicle parts.

Initially, low protection armor, but like power armor or clothing that uses battery charges, it can be loaded with blob feed. When active, the armor can provide a bit more protection, especially for environmental protection.

Different armor can be made with different active effects; like say a blob armor that shoots out acid when hit, similar to corrosive zombies. Or super strong armor, with the idea that when active it absorbs a ton of damage, while leaving the survivor immobile, basically giving them a short period of time to rest. Or simply just decent strong armor when active. Or maybe an armor that’ll emit a “smoke” cloud around the wearer, perhaps with an effect that makes zombies ignore the survivor unless they’re standing next to each other.

Optional; slime branch mutants can use the armor better. Perhaps less encumbrance, or more efficient at using blob feed, or maybe some extra effects.

Something minor: a vehicle mounted concrete mixer. The portable mixer can only have 500 charges of battery, unless you use a tool mod, so if somehow a player has to craft a ton of concrete then it’s rather tedious to have to refill the batteries all the time.

i saw this video and it felt like a very cata gun

[quote=“tarburst98, post:3648, topic:5570”]i saw this video and it felt like a very cata gun

an entertaining gun nut there, he’s good at smoking pots too.

[quote=“tarburst98, post:3648, topic:5570”]i saw this video and it felt like a very cata gun

It’s in the game (it might be part of the Enhanced Realistic Weaponry mod?), as the AF2011A1. I find mags for it sometimes, don’t think I’ve ever found the gun and used it.

i would want a mini-uzi in .45 anyway.

Considering the vehicle system has support for vehicle-mounted weapons, perhaps being able to salvage the main cannon from a tank drone should be in order?

Perhaps a couple of balancing ideas:
-Make it so that vehicle mounted weapons make a recoil check against the frame they’re mounted on. If it’s a little too much, the frame creaks audibly. If it’s way too much, the frame takes damage.
-Make each shot from a vehicle mounted weapon make an impulse check against the overall weight and traction of a vehicle, producing an impulse in the opposite direction of it being fired if the vehicle is too light. (mainly for the amusing scenario of someone trying to mount a tank cannon on to their shopping cart, only to get smashed in the face by the recoil).

How about a smash all corpses around the survivor command? Perhaps as a keypress that can be assigned to the keyboard, or something that can be activated on advanced inventory. One press, and survivor smashes all present corpses around them and the tile they’re standing on.

A stronger air filtration bionic. Perhaps permanently give some encumbrance, like 10 or 20, to the mouth in exchange for protecting against smoke and gas without having to encumber the eyes like a gas/survivor mask does.

the PBA mask gives gas mask level filtration with little encumbrance when it is powered. a powered filtration bionic works too.

Make applying CBMs more like a surgery, not swallowing pill… It should take few minutes per encumbrance point and difficulty of CBM with a chance of bleeding, destroying limb, infection, severe pain, etc DURING surgery.

The idea is that it is a surgical UNIT, complete with all the equipment needed to install itself, …with proper medical supervision. if Im not mistaken.

A vehicle part that is just a steel plate with a slit.
Allows you too see only a narrow cone but is durable

Put those spare wrenches to good use.

Huh, I thought that stuff was tougher than that