Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

[quote=“Gray Face, post:3616, topic:5570”]-NPCs can train you skills, so why can’t you train them too?
+You can charge money (or items) as cost, or no cost at all! (Increase Trust or/and Value)[/quote]

you sort of can, not quite, but whenever you see the message “npc watches you craft” means they’ve gained some (i think, even if a tiny amount) of skill by watching you craft.

Convert the CW-24M in Icecoon’s Arsenal into a 6.54x42 gun. It will allow the player to use whatever 6.54x42 ammo they find earlier.

Deep fryer machine (most probably better at the bad ideas thread, maybe).

Something that I thought of after seeing how the CWD machine works now in the game.

Anyway, something that gets constructed in-game like a smoking rack. When examined, you get to pick any solid food in the survivor’s inventory, and if you have cooking oil and something for batter. The item gets cooked, and bam, deep fried version. Food gets the junk food added as food material, is unhealthier but provides better morale when eaten.

[quote=“TooDAMNMuch, post:3621, topic:5570”][quote=“Gray Face, post:3616, topic:5570”]-NPCs can train you skills, so why can’t you train them too?
+You can charge money (or items) as cost, or no cost at all! (Increase Trust or/and Value)[/quote]

you sort of can, not quite, but whenever you see the message “npc watches you craft” means they’ve gained some (i think, even if a tiny amount) of skill by watching you craft.[/quote]

They also can learn from you reading books. If they have the skills to read the book they learn while you read it.

why not add a deluxe pizza? as in a pizza that is cheese, meat, and vegetable at the same time. already have a deluxe sandwich which is all the lesser sandwiches put together

Some extra commands for the control laptop, perhaps? In particular for robot creatures that move around.

Like, a command for the robot to follow the survivor holding the laptop. Hacked robots just seem to wander around most of the time, and having them follow the player could be nice. Battery from the laptop will continuously drain since it has to keep sending a signal to the robot.

And a command to make them guard the place. Robots will just stand still unless they detect a hostile creature.

And maybe something that will make them attack a creature that the player has targeted for them.

Also, more for the bad suggestions thread: a self-destruct command.

command to wait until a specific time, could call it meditating.

also doesn’t need to be exact without a watch, but anyone can tell time to the nearest hour with the human sundial method, 1 arm width from straight up is 1 hour and straight up is noon, hold your arm up and block the sun with it to use.

already have that, press | and you can wait

I second more laptop commands. All of the above makes total sense. And also helps smart but weak characters have more varied game play.

Would it be reasonable to change acidic/spitter zombies so that pulping them doesn’t spread acid? Having to either go out of my way to move the corpse and butcher it, or risk having acid splash onto me is annoying and doesn’t add much to the gameplay.

I use it to my advantage. Smash an acidic zombie corpse between you and a horde to thin out the horde a bit. Like an acid bomb but slower. Even more effective if you have turnout pants and rubber boots. Also standing on a shopping cart or similar 1 tile boardable vehicle negates acid puddles.

It is supposed to force the slower butchering instead of fast pulping, to make necros more dangerous.
Though honestly, it causes more player tedium than the intended effects.

From what I know, the gimmick is generally well received.

How about this: pulping acidic zombies gets ~3 times slower, but avoids all blood spills in the direction of the pulper (and friends).
This would retain the gimmick, not be annoying, and not be hard to write.

holy crap, legitimately did not realize that was a thing, thanks.

Quick UI fix: Add a “Repair” option to damaged items, or optionally add functionality to “mend”.

I have a pair of boxers that are ripped:

Current: Open storage, dig out tailor’s kit, realize that kit is empty, dig out second tailor’s kit, open inventory and activate (or use %), select repair (material), select boxers, repair/enhance

Idea: open inventory, select boxers, select mend, prompt for tool (nearby), repair/enhance.

it would be good to be able to open the @ list of effects while sleeping or waiting.

Move the ammolinks from generic to magazine folder. It’s kinda difficult to find them if you manually search for em

some sort of ingame checklist like a really basic day planner or shopping list.

basically where you could write down a goal and cross it off once you’ve done it somehow, i keep having the problem of forgetting what i was about to do when i get a fair bit into a game.

Using a washboard to wash a piece of leather, rag, etc, washes more than one item at a time (to me about five would seem appropriate). It seems silly that the same amount of detergent can clean an entire turnout coat as it can a single rag. And especially that an entire bar of soap can only clean ten rags or whatever before being depleted.

Alternatively, since the main reason to wash materials en masse is to craft, allow crafting with filthy items, get a filthy output, then we can just clean the end product.

I’d like to see:

Proximity sensor - for stationary (or not) lights at base- I’d like them to turn on when some zombies are close.

Twilight sensor - same as above, but turns on when it’s getting dark.

Stationary recharging station - I’d like to refuel my electric car at base and I’d like to have an item to be build on one vehicle to be able to connect it to another one and to transfer energy. Preety much like jumper cable, but with MUCH HIGHER transfer rate.

1. Option for how manual hotkeys are decided on stacks of items with varying durability,

OR

Make use of a lockpick auto continue until success/fail/enemy spotted

OR

Just give the same mini menu as with tailoring:

[ul][li]A) Use lock pick until success/damage[/li]
[li]B) Use lock picks highest durability until success/ all picks are of lower tier durability[/li]
[li]C) Use lock picks lowest durability until success/ no more lock picks[/li][/ul]

2)Allow Pg Up/Down on crafting searches

OR

A hotkey for “skip to first uncraftable item”

I can’t be the only person who frequently checks the crafting menu for what I can ALMOST make. Minus a string, or scrap metal, or that thing JUUUUUUST around the doorway.

A way to search for random bits of description, list by ___ value (bash, cut, glare, environment protection etc…) or (≥ , ≤) greater/equal than less/equal than values.