Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

hobo class starting with “patchwork pants” instead of “pants.”

Easy dry meat recipe: make drying rack, get some fresh meat, do some magic “prepare for drying” stuff (cutting, salting, seasoning), then drop it on rack and wait for few days. Much more realistic than standing next to grill for 10h…

+1, was thinking about this as well.

How about a cooking cbm?

Man the integrated toolkit already does so much, I don’t feel we need to replace every tool with a CBM.
Just my feelings though.

What if we gave braziers cooking 2?

An upgraded brazier now with a spot to cook with.

Then you need two of them: one on the ground, for fire; one in your hand, holding food.

1 Like

I imagine making braziers usable for cooking while furniture isn’t too impossible, no?

Small animals being hidden by underbrush while atop them. Reduce the animals vision while in the bush so they don’t flee immediately.

Sewing pockets into clothes, maybe for additional encumbrance?

Not sure if this classifies as ‘simple’ anymore, but to take this idea and run with it it would be great to be able to more extensively modify clothing with sufficient tailoring skill. If we could reinforce with kevlar and add pockets and expand coverage on the same piece of clothing, survivor gear could be removed without leaving a hole in the ‘100% coverage reasonable protection’ niche.

Lining with nomex / neoprene for better environmental protection would also be nice.

While I’m here: The ability to name weapons would be cool, too. I want to name my RM614 LMG with underbarrel bomblet thrower “Problem Solver”

Not sure if this classifies as ‘simple’ anymore, but to take this idea and run with it it would be great to be able to more extensively modify clothing with sufficient tailoring skill. If we could reinforce with kevlar and add pockets and expand coverage on the same piece of clothing, survivor gear could be removed without leaving a hole in the ‘100% coverage reasonable protection’ niche.

Lining with nomex / neoprene for better environmental protection would also be nice.

While I’m here: The ability to name weapons would be cool, too. I want to name my RM614 LMG with underbarrel bomblet thrower “Problem Solver”[/quote]
We could also remove the sleeveless variants of trenchcoats and dusters, and some other similar stuff.

You can rename items, knives and some tools (OK so I don’t remember exactly what), when activated have an inscribe or carve note option, and one of those lets you rename items. Of course it’ll only be that particular item that gets renamed.

Stick the entrance to a laboratory in a cave sometimes, or hide a military bunker under the pizza parlor or wherever. Secret bases feel more secret, and they’d be fun and surprising to find in game. Maybe give you a reason to go in a cave some time.

Some suggetions:
-Barbarian-like martial art that heavily depend on STR, with ability allow you to buff Stats/Dmg by shouting (similiar to battlecry)
+Bigger shout means better buff, but also lure more zeds to you

-Adding Training dummy, allow player to trains combat skill at home instead of risking their life with zeds.
+Training dummy can only trains combat-skill to level 2
+Can be use as a decoy to distract zeds in a pinch

-NPCs can train you skills, so why can’t you train them too?
+You can charge money (or items) as cost, or no cost at all! (Increase Trust or/and Value)

Blobs as a construction item. Blob walls, mixed with a bit of rebar or somesuch.

Unlike normal walls, you set up the blob parts down and they settle into a wall over time.

Drag around zombie slaves with a rope and have them carry loot around. Could be handy for mutation lines that prevent using cars and such.

I thought that was already a thing?

I thought that was already a thing?[/quote]

You can have dogs carry items. In my last playthrough I had an army of dogs wearing backpacks.