Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)

Well, I was about to say that zombies and others don’t have anatomy because they can be anatomically very different. But then it occurred to me that MANY zombies are actually bipedal. So I guess, just to start something, bipedal zombies should have bipedal anatomy. Dogs/canines and other four-legged types should just have four legs instead of any arms. Slimes and such should still have no anatomy, so they can be untouched. It might not be THAT much work after all. If a bipedal zombie loses HP on both legs, should it become immobile? And what about targeted body part attacks then? How would you arrange that?

• Implement ability to tag items as “favorite”. Then, upon wielding or eating, you’d have the option to only see ‘favorite’ items, thus removing a lot of spam from the lists.
  • Ability to wear nearby items straight off the ground or from a container.
  • Option to auto-mark more spots on the overmap, such as 1) crash sites, 2)minefields, 3)loose item groups left by dead scientists/hikers, 4) any submap that contains 5+ berry bushes, 5) roadblocks. Inform the player in the message log “Crash site has been marked on the map”.
  • Clothing layering window: Show the clothing item full data sheet in the center field instead of the partial information.
  • Ability to save and recall outfit configurations. Then you’d be able to change apparel fast, provided that all the items are nearby. Or if they aren’t, wear what you can, and notify if something couldn’t be found.
  • Have driving consume MUCH LESS focus. But in turn, make it develop slower.
  • Item spot function for limited range, akin to safe mode. It could use the same mechanism as auto-pickup rules.
  • Show rough wind speed and temperature in the main window. Wind: low, medium, high. Temp: Freezing!, -20C, -10C, 0C, 10C, 20C, Hot!.
  • Option to hide clothing in the nearby item listing (V). Clothing is the biggest spam in the list, and becomes the least useful loot category very quickly. Or maybe try reworking the list to something else. I’d want the game to use the advanced inventory view for that, but it would have issues that I can’t think around. If we stick with the current list, it could use a ‘page down’ function.
  • Don’t have ‘bruised zombie corpse’. Rename it to ‘zombie corpse (bruised)’. The status messes with alphabetical order.
  • Rename chunk of steel, lump of steel and steel scrap to ‘steel (lump)’, ‘steel (chunk)’ and ‘steel (scrap)’.
  • Possibly add the ability to have items highlighted in ‘V’ list, using the auto-pickup rules mechanism (but still separate from auto-pickup). This would mostly solve the item spotting.

You can already do that by making them high-priority.

What happened to the Wankel engine? I remember having it at one point and it was amazing for my loot trike. I want a Wankel engine back in the game.

Reverted with the vehicle engine rework that was causing problems.

For NPC followers, how about a command that would tell them to try to go to sleep immediately. It can be rather annoying to let my survivor sleep, while the NPCs stay awake and end up sleeping by the time my survivor wakes up.

Actually, how about this: When the player successfully falls asleep, the NPC tries to go to sleep as well once every 30 minutes.

More car keys sitting around, at least ones attached to buildings have hem set inside them. because that faulty engine where it won’t start because you need the key is reallly really lame.

nah.

what we need is a better way to hotwire. or easier. fact is most people dont know howdo: hotwire.

why would more people leave their keys in the ignition?
keys inside a house is reflected by car on property not needing hotwiring

So currently potatoes have seeds… I don’t think that’s how they fully work…

The ability to swap out materials in clothes crafting recipies on certain clothse for different affects, like putting neoprene and nomex on survivor armor.

Something like that might happen in a later version.

I have a few more suggestions, some of them have definitely been made before but I think they would be a great addition:

Gameplay Mechanics

Once NPCs are more fleshed out, be able to use the environment as cover in a gunfight.
Crouching/Prone stance to reduce visibility and recoil, and increase accuracy.
Bracing your weapon against walls, windows and other obstacles.
Climbing/Hurdling over cars
"Set and forget" for crafting where it makes sense (no needing to babysit your jerky)
Giving NPC followers complex orders
Patrolling
Scavenge and RTB
Guard a location
Plant/Harvest crops
Build walls/fortifications
Trading missions
Scouting missions
Skirmish/Attack enemy encampments

Items/Weapons

Telescopic mirror, to check around corners without exposing yourself (great to check for those damn turrets in the labs)
Modding melee weapons
Sharpen
Add serrations
Add more weight to the head
Add spikes
Electrify with batteries and wire
Add fire (like the shishkabob from Fallout)
Reduce weight (can make it less sturdy at lower skills)
Desert Eagles and .50AE
The Junk Jet (From FO4)
Crude bandages (rags and alcohol) that only last for a few hours before they dry out
Saline solution able to be used to irrigate wounds (deep bite wounds)

A command in pickup to tell npcs to loot something, or flag a stack of items to be up for loots.

Bringing back the option to save when sleeping.

Ability to use Integrated Toolset CBM to cut open safes/doors/bars
Ability to use thermite/thermite paste to cut metal
Ability to use excersise machines to train Strength and Dexterity
Ability to use NPC companions as pack mules (like in every TES or FO game)
Ability to tell NPCs to push/pull things like shopping carts
Ability to assign seats to NPCs (and give fire orders on turrets)

• sweating if running or doing hard work, to make it a problem in cold enviroment
  • on-fire flag for monsters which damage the monster and its attacked target
  • crafting recipe to change back the pair-of-sock-mitts into pair-of-socks

Completion of the Sarcophagus quest!

Add an RPG-7, along with the various warheads, or at least the OG-7V and PG-7VL warheads (antipersonnel and anti building/armor respectively)

These should definitely be in the game, and fairly common, as no self-respecting militia would be without at least on for every squad. They are cheap, rugged, reliable and effective. In an America that urged citizens to prepare for a possible Chinese invasion, people would have anti-armor solutions. And the RPG-7 is one of the most readily available.

[quote=“4R53N1C, post:3599, topic:5570”]Add an RPG-7, along with the various warheads, or at least the OG-7V and PG-7VL warheads (antipersonnel and anti building/armor respectively)

These should definitely be in the game, and fairly common, as no self-respecting militia would be without at least on for every squad. They are cheap, rugged, reliable and effective. In an America that urged citizens to prepare for a possible Chinese invasion, people would have anti-armor solutions. And the RPG-7 is one of the most readily available.[/quote]

Already ingame, albeit rare:
http://cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/RPG

The M72 LAW seems to be the most ubiquitous personal antitank weapon at the time of the cataclysm, being frequently found in army squads, helicopter crashes and lab armories.