Needed: ideas for "when hit" monster actions

Hey all forum-goers,

I/We (thanks to all that assisted, still getting used to git) just put in a new feature that allows special “when hit” actions for monsters- check it out here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6124

Anyways, this is supported via the monsters JSON, so all we need now is some more of these actions (and probably more monsters as well)- the only one in at the moment is a buffed version of the old shock you’d get when attacking a ghost or shock zombie in melee.

Should hulks chuck thrown objects back at the thrower? Should wolves or sewerhannas get distracted if you hit them with a chunk of meat?

Anyways- I think this opens up a fair number of possibilities but community input is important when adding this sort of thing as it has the potential to dramatically change combat.

Generally speaking, our undead shamblers have the superb physical coordination of a drunken hobo. I can’t see them intentionally catching anything, and I definitely can’t see them having the skill to throw something and make it land where it’s supposed to.

Unless something else has broken it recently, you can already distract predatory animals with meat.

Just thought I’d fill you in on those since I don’t otherwise have any suggestions.

Once we get weapon degeneration in, making spitter zombies do extra weapon durability damage would be pretty nifty.

Master zeds have pretty good coordination, IIRC, and perhaps the Survivor zeds remember a few tricks.

Blobs having an active chance-to-grab weapon might be Nifty, and fungals would obviously release Yet More spores when you hack 'em open.

I just recently got firearm wear/maintenance in the game. I’m going to be looking at melee weapon wear/maintenance some time soon.

We need explosive ‘gasbags’ that explode when shot, it should help when on max zombie spawns horde problems. It would kill Z’s nearby with a concussive explosion.

how about adding the Horny Zombie: it cums all over you when you kill it resulting in a massive morale penalty.

Why would it be a penalty? YOU DON’T KNOW THE PERSON’S SEXUALITY.
YOU HOMOPHOBIC SONOFABITCH.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:8, topic:5142”]Why would it be a penalty? YOU DON’T KNOW THE PERSON’S SEXUALITY.
YOU HOMOPHOBIC SONOFABITCH.[/quote]erm, how about the feeling of loss from having killed a potential sex partner? all you had to do was find a way to stop it from biting you :wink:

:confused:
Seriously guys?! Can we not have a normal thread without you two insert some sexual memes or innuendos?

No.

I didn’t ask you to answer for them. I’m just trying to tell them to stop posting sexual innuendos in an unrelated thread. I will be fine if they don’t answer at all, we all know you hate this forum. No need to insert that hatred here.

Perhaps not grab it and throw it back, but a nice chance for the object to be deflected and go flying on a random direction would be nice.

Generally speaking, our undead shamblers have the superb physical coordination of a drunken hobo. I can’t see them intentionally catching anything, and I definitely can’t see them having the skill to throw something and make it land where it’s supposed to.[/quote]

I thought hulks could work like tanks in L4D…Just, rip out a piece of tarmac and throw it at you with pretty low accuracy. (like, if you had 0 experiance in firearms and you were firing a highpowered rifle accuracy) I dunno…Id find that interesting. Though, a tad scary if he saw you through a window and wrecked the front end of your house

I like it.

I know spitters already leave a pool of acid upon death, but what about making them “erupt” acid when being hit? Something like a passive attack.

I like it.

I know spitters already leave a pool of acid upon death, but what about making them “erupt” acid when being hit? Something like a passive attack.[/quote]

Like making a bigger area? like the size of a boomers? Or…having random bits of acid fly out like shrapnel?

I like it.

I know spitters already leave a pool of acid upon death, but what about making them “erupt” acid when being hit? Something like a passive attack.[/quote]

:smiley:

I like it.

:D[/quote]

Ohmygod. I love it. Will it be added in 0.A? Or, has it already been added…I havent played much DDA since a early 0.9 nightly

If you shoot a boomer and it doesn’t die, it could release bile in all directions and become a normal zombie, if that’s possible.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:17, topic:5142”]http://prntscr.com/2u5enf
:D[/quote]
Nice! Wasn’t aware of that :"