My worst fears have been realized

So…someone once predicted zombie moose.

I just found one. It’s called an Antlered Horror.

Artists rendition:

YOU MANIACS! YOU HAD TO DO IT! ZOMBEARS WEREN’T ENOUGH! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Where are your gods now.

But yeah, all hail the devs for implementing yet another reason for us to fear the night… and the day.

Also, that image link is broken.

There are plenty of them now. Zombears, grim howlers, antlered horrors. Try Cabin Survivor scenario. Lots of dwarf fortress-style fun.

Where have you been? The zoose were in for a long time.

And yes, they were renamed to antlered horror recently.

[quote=“Murphy, post:4, topic:7515”]Where have you been? The zoose were in for a long time.

And yes, they were renamed to antlered horror recently.[/quote]

A welcome rename, Zolf and Zoose were rather unimaginative, the new names are far nicer although they’re still absolutely horrifying to run into.

Playing stable, finally decided to upgrade to latest experimental. Not sure this was a wise decision.

Not DF-style until we have zelephants.

or zombie honeybadgers :wink:

OP’s image won’t load…

But damn, Moose/(meese?) are evil enough already… WHY!?

i want massive zombiemoosehulks that spit acid , release poisones clouds whilst walking and are radioactive… with a milspec turret fused on top into theire flesh @

Followed by the introduction of Shardiks. Aim for the radar dish, it’s the only way to be sure.

why no create zig?

{
    "type" : "MONSTER",
    "id" : "mon_zombie_pig",
    "name": "festering boar",
    "species":"ZOMBIE",
    "symbol":"p",
    "color":"green",
    "size":"MEDIUM",
    "material":"flesh",
    "diff":9,
    "aggression":100,
    "morale":100,
    "speed":70,
    "melee_skill":4,
    "melee_dice":2,
    "melee_dice_sides":5,
    "//":"1d8->2d5, minor bonus over 1d9",
    "melee_cut":4,
    "dodge":1,
    "armor_bash":0,
    "armor_cut":0,
    "luminance":0,
    "hp":55,
    "special_freq":2,
    "death_function":"NORMAL",
    "special_attack":"BITE",
    "description":"A zombified omnivore descended from the wild boar.  Now it's got black goo all over it, instead of mud.",
    "flags":["SEES", "HEARS", "SMELLS", "STUMBLES", "WARM", "KEENNOSE", "BLEED", "BASHES", "POISON", "NO_BREATHE", "VIS50", "REVIVES"],
    "anger_triggers":["PLAYER_WEAK", "PLAYER_CLOSE"],
    "fear_triggers":["FIRE"]
},

You would reply with the code for zigs, wouldn’t you, Kevin.

Hail things getting renamed from obvious (zanimal) to unobvious (“Antlered Horror”, etc) scheme resulting in player confusion because they never read the descriptions.

I have upgraded to experimental too.
No regrets, though it seems the Zeds have become a tad more dangerous.

If you don’t read the descriptions then it’s your own dang fault if you don’t know what something is. That’s like complaining that your Ikea desk isn’t fitting together well when you never bothered to read the instructions on how to put it together in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have upgraded to experimental too.
No regrets, though it seems the Zeds have become a tad more dangerous.[/quote]

I’ve been chased by zombie wolves, ambushed by zombie cougars, run off of a farm by zombie pigs, and now I can’t even camp in the woods for fear of the zombie moose.

On top of that labs, which were once tralalalala dance through grabbing resources meadows with easily avoided or dispatched dangers, are now fraught with peril.

On top of that shocker zombies now come in a variety of flavors that are horrifying to fight early game.

ON TOP of THAT brutes and hulks can now treat you like a baseball.

Wise decision? No. Fun decision? Oh yes.