My issues with the current experimental and the game in general

That’s the opposite of how hordes are supposed to work. The new implementation is intended to make them persistent just like the rest of the zombies, but allow them to move around.
What I mean is letting the “zombie horde” in the area interact with the “turret horde” in the area, which lets us do processing on it without having to worry about the underlying map data, which means we can do it all over the place with minimal load on the system.

Would it be feasible to add item melting back in as a option in the setting menu, or perhaps a modifier?
I’ve been playing a lot recently and had a thought about solar/electric turrets that might require a storage battery to activate? What if those turrets had unlimited ammo as long as it’s powered? Otherwise, I’m okay with turrets how they are now, I think they should have some sort of rotating spotlight or something to help it spot targets at night, it’s fun to fight zombies near them and they can be actual threats in the day, and they give lots of casings.
I destroyed a couple turrets at night by running around yelling to gather a group and then tossing a pack of firecrackers in their direction and ducking in a nearby house. Worked like a charm and provided an excellent getaway.

Acid item damage does seem like enough of a mixed bag that leaving it up to player might actually be worthwhile, possibly.

points to the last post on FMS thread and leaves

Huehuehue. As I’ve already said, I’m fine with acid no longer damaging items, and have pointed out that having it re-enabled would be ILLOGICAL even if the realism was ignored. And have pointed out that the the reason I LIKED acid item damage happens to the focal point for WHY it was illogical.

That said, removing it has caused as much griping as having it exist used to. >.>

Love love love it, been thinking of this a long time.
I want to go into a lot more detail, but that is more worth it’s own thing.
So, to sum it up. Things spawn in groups, and each group is assigned a lethality number (the highest and minimum). On a overmap scale, the groups as a whole is assigned it’s traits, and for NPCs, knowledge and personality. If a NPC group grows big enough, it makes a faction, which has smaller groups.

As the game progresses, certain groups tend to not spawn. With NPCs, the spawn rate lowers, but the size and/or strength grows. Only when individuals of the group spawned in, does the group divide the lethality, resistance, and defensive numbers to each part of the group.

So, in this system, if you at 20 years, and run into a single traveler, don’t mess with him.

Plus to the fact, machines should become more and more of a non-threat as the time goes on, since no one would be maintaining them, and the facilities they would have been maintained autonomously, would break down and stop working. Robots and AIs are an early game threat, but gradually fade.

And acid. Melting objects is unrealistic, particularly objects that are made to resist corrosion. Acid in general wouldn’t be viable from a zombie to use as a weapon, unless it produces mucus, thus be protected from stomach grade acid. At that lvl, it would burn, and long exposer would result in equivalent to digestion. Acid hurts, but it would be far from lethal, and if the acid spitter had a grade of acid stronger than that of stomach acid, it couldn’t even contain it itself, even if it produced excess mucus. Now, stomach grade acid could easily blind a person.

I’m not a chemist, not good with making code actually doing stuff, and not good at keeping things brief, so I would love to hear the opinions from someone who knows more about what they’re talking about.