Latest experimental "features"

Hello guys,im new here and usually dont visit forums.Also im lacking in English so please take this in mind if you see me as stupid.

So im playing cdda, downloaded latest experimental where npc now able to craft things like player do.And it was cool!It really improves my satisfaction and actually makes them helpful.Now i don’t have to worry about crafting ammo or tools(some of which can take “The Days!”).I also find out that water can be cleaned by placing it into container and in the fire.After some time it become drinkable. Im very like that stuff.Maybe it was there before,but now i know about it,and store water become less pain. Also its nice to see that vision on z axis now actually a feature now(Though,im not tested it with monsters for now. On previous version if you get on the roof and there is zombies nearby,they all will instantly spot you swarm the building youre in.I can understand that if roof looking like that /\ ,but i think many of you already know “the thing” about it. I play innawood and there isn’t much of roofs to test that thing again.
For me,a person who spent some time in dwarf fortress and find it amusing(Though,here i also find a lot of things that tear skin from my bones,because well, there is so much potential,but since dev team is small, this potential will be realised only like,after 20 more years).So basically cdda become dwarf fortress,but in “adventure” mode, with more focus on surviving as a person.I understand, that its quite hard to code some features to make things more realistic,detailed and not freakishly hard to use…
But!!

Here comes the rant about npc!

So i decide to take my try in innawood again, but with npc who can craft things! Trough debug i created two npc’s who resembling my current roommate’s and give them traits accordingly to their living versions.
At first, i was doing fine. We made small camp near hot water pool(Nice thing for cold ,deadly early morning.Character literally can freeze to death after two nights and didn’t wake up). We doing fine, collecting food, making tools.
Then we got another npc and now there is 3 of them. All hungry, have taste for water and also, for sleep. And its on me to give them water,food every time(Because trough camp menu they will eat those small bits instantly and suffer hunger). Gladly we now can create that pit with water(I forgot the word) and when summer arrives, problems with food and water almost disappear since npc can eat and drink from camp without me manually giving them all those things.
But will it last? What if i decide to wander around this world or move my character and base-tile to another world(Something i will do after we get some good things for our base. Im gonna call it “Uoohhhuaa that storm thing just moved our location to another woourld!”.)
Its such pain in the ass to constantly monitor my npc’s food supply. And to my amusement, i cant made setting for auto-pickup for my little friends! Every time i allow them to pickup things, they just collect rocks and dirt and shit and then just standing there, with their weapons thrown away somewhere,all pockets full of sand. I read that some of auto-stuff-zone-things allow sorting by amount ,but i don’t know how it actually done. It will be really nice if my followers were able to pickup,at least water,fill their waterskins, while i do my own things.
Faction camps feel… Underdeveloped. With ability to craft things, i hope there will be special zone designated for crating, where toigh camp menu it will be possible to just choose what item to create, and then assign a dude on this job(Well,its already exist, but in inferior,less immersive model).
Actually, faction camps can take many things from dwarf fortress. Like, designate zones, assign roles and then just sleep,eat,watch as npc’s will do their things like cooking, building,mining,etc. while you just minding your own business, preparing to complete some of your personal desired goals.
Ugh… Basically,i just want adventure mode from dwarf fortress,but with more focus on smaller scale things.More personal!

Well,anyway, i shared some of my thoughts and just ask my questions:

Is there somewhere menu that will allow me to set npc collect certain items themselfs,in certain amounts?I can’t find options to set those filters for auto-pickup.

And overall,how to set filters to sort not just by words,but by certain amounts?Like, if i have garage where i need certain tools and have construction zone where i also need same tools, so i can those tools sorted equally,and not just “Hehe, zones with instruments takes ALLL instruments!!!”. For now i just renamed those tools, add them “wooden showel(tools)”, and sort trough “(tools)”. But i need numbers for zones and npc picking up water and food!(Here is my base btw)
I am insane and cant find a thing or those things actually didn’t exist at latest experimental?

Its better to disable NPC needs, its on by default. But camp zones say they have food & water zones for you and your companies to use.

Or use pass em the water jugs and smoked meats manually.

Npcs aint that smart, they really nice for moving large things like logs, or an entire type of one thing with zones.

The basecamp has a tool zone? I done use it much but spam a few in your loot pile of mass unsorted evething and go from their.

Its on you to work on Loot Management manually, like in real life only you can organize your own tools with purpose.

So hoard plenty, and stock them yourself. Where you craft.

I dont know how npcs pick up items either.

But have learned you can ask them to ‘craft this’ when talking and it opens the same menu you use. Have them at a table or workbench and get em working. Awsome for getting up that fabrication skill they need.

Based on how your setup, just get a hoard of items on that rack in the center LOOT PILE™

Let your npcs craft at the table by telling them to make things.

Get they skills up?

DIG trenches? Farm! I like getting their devices up really hi like lvl 6 and then they trap a lot of meat, like enough I had to make more smokers last time I did evac shelter base.

Have fun