My ideas and suggestions

It is here I post my ideas, dumb or not.
Note that I do not know if these ideas have been said before or if they’re impossible to create.

Some kind of electric system:
Some of the problems my survivors had involved power. Welders running out, hotplates as well, etc. So I wonder if it would be possible to add some kind of electric system? Finding a gasoline generator, putting it somewhere and draw cables to some equipment like an electric oven, an electric heater and a welding station? Of course you’ll need to keep giving it gas to keep it running, and occasionally repair it.

Factories:
Adding factories would give people another place to look for industrial supplies like welders and such. But I think there should be at least some moderate security like robots.

Aimed strikes:
Would it be possible to aim your strike to hit their legs, arms and even head? It would give survivors a chance to chop their legs off and slow them down, or even decapitate them. Of course, the chance of even hitting would rely on the skill of melee or an individual skill such as cutting weapons And the chance to chop something off could rely on strength. And this would be useful with ranged weapons too, giving us a chance to blow a zombie’s head off with a shotgun.

Ability to increase stats:
This one speaks for itself, but how I’m not sure. Maybe you could train at an abandoned gym?

Not so damn sure about this one any more…

Batch 2:

"Sleeper" zombie (and with this, random corpses scattered over cities):
A zombie that lies down, looking like another lifeless corpse. But if you get close, it attacks. But this would require there to be some zombie corpses lying about in cities, so that it could blend in.

Airport (note that this might not be a good idea until cataclysm takes to a higher z-level, if you catch my meaning):
A massive structure quite a far way from any city. Consists of a control tower, a terminal, a runway, some hangars and some miscellaneous building.

"Born killer" trait:
Makes the survivor take joy in killing both the undead and the living, never feeling guilty but a small morale boost instead. However, this could make the npc’s less willing to trust the survivor

Batch 3:

More barricades & such:
For now there’s only one real kind of barricade, the palisade. But personally I would like to take this to the next step, like welding up metal barricades from scrap. But I’ve seen another example in another game (the walking dead), the wall of corpses. The corpse wall would give people some use for those pulped bodies lying around. Also, moats anyone?

Junkyards:
Stores can provide and decent amount of scrap, but I think that there should be some kinds of junkyards to find. That would give the survivor a chance to find a decent amount of metal. And I think that if there was some kind of trash compactor there, it would make a fine toy for killing zeds.

Stadiums:
Ok, this is one of those ideas that should wait until we have z-levels but I’m going to go ahead and say it anyway. A stadium would be an ideal place to occupy, due to its dependability. And maybe we could add some stadiums which have some special trucks, monster trucks to be precise.

I like the electrical idea. I just want a bright light in my safe house.

I believe the aimed shots idea has been shot down before because of how the enemies are coded. Something about them being just one object with no actual limbs in the code.

Well maybe the aimed attacks can just inflict status effects on them to infer damage to specific limbs. “Attack Legs” could reduce the enemies speed and “Attack Head” could have a high miss chance, but increases the chance of a critical. I don’t know, might be cool.

Also more building types would always be appreciated.

Yea aimed shots arent going to happen the main devs said so. But, we might be getting a system later in which you can select a mode and your character will automatically do what he is told (like in run mode he would shove or trip a zombie so he can get away.

1. is planned but will be a fair bit of work to implement.
  2. will probably go in if someone wants to make a git PR with it.
  3. Most likely this will work with a stat/debuff type effect, rather then an actual “aimed attack”.
  4. I’ve been looking at this but stat gain balance is extremely difficult to maintain. The last thing we want is to force every player to grind lifting weights in order to play the game. Once I get the balance down I’ll probably make a PR for it.

[Moved these ideas to the first post for your convenience]

On the “aimed shots” - I raised that theme earlier. And yes, we came to the buff/debuff method.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:6, topic:3149”]On the “aimed shots” - I raised that theme earlier. And yes, we came to the buff/debuff method.[/quote]Sorry if I dug up your suggestion from the grave. As I said, I don’t know if it has been said or not, I just speak up.
Btw, I’ve seen your drawn cataclysms and I just have to say that they’re awesome.

[quote=“HS1342, post:7, topic:3149”][quote=“trusty_patches, post:6, topic:3149”]On the “aimed shots” - I raised that theme earlier. And yes, we came to the buff/debuff method.[/quote]Sorry if I dug up your suggestion from the grave. As I said, I don’t know if it has been said or not, I just speak up.
Btw, I’ve seen your drawn cataclysms and I just have to say that they’re awesome.[/quote]
My pride itches a little :3
Thanks

NO. No no no no no.

If we add stat grinding then every character will turn out the same. It defeats the purpose.

Skills make up for low stats and can be grinded.

There’s no reason you should be able to grind stats, and there’s already a LOT of mutations and bionics that provide stat boosts.

I hate RPGs with squishy character design and/or unlimited ceilings, and I prefer an RPG like Fallout with (save for a +1 apiece to find) harder stats.

[quote=“Klomvp, post:9, topic:3149”]4)

NO. No no no no no.

If we add stat grinding then every character will turn out the same. It defeats the purpose.

Skills make up for low stats and can be grinded.

There’s no reason you should be able to grind stats, and there’s already a LOT of mutations and bionics that provide stat boosts.

I hate RPGs with squishy character design and/or unlimited ceilings, and I prefer an RPG like Fallout with (save for a +1 apiece to find) harder stats.[/quote]Alright, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea when you look at the whole picture. Thanks for giving your opinion though.

maybe for the stat-boosts some sort of medicine that raises a stat for maybe a few hours, but is addictive, gives an hour of worse stat afterwords, and can be really easy to overdose with. It could also be uber rare.

And attract bears.
Lots and lots of bears.

[quote=“Aggrons_shell, post:11, topic:3149”]maybe for the stat-boosts some sort of medicine that raises a stat for maybe a few hours, but is addictive, gives an hour of worse stat afterwords, and can be really easy to overdose with. It could also be uber rare.

And attract bears.
Lots and lots of bears.[/quote]

So in other words, something that’s worthless. nthx.

[quote=“Aggrons_shell, post:11, topic:3149”]maybe for the stat-boosts some sort of medicine that raises a stat for maybe a few hours, but is addictive, gives an hour of worse stat afterwords, and can be really easy to overdose with. It could also be uber rare.

And attract bears.
Lots and lots of bears.[/quote]
Like meth?
Or adrenaline?

And i think some sort of sleeper ambushing zombie would add a lot of emotion to the game like in: You enter the subways single stall bathroom, and there is a gross zombie corpse occupying it. Still you enter because you really need that toilet water and like an educated person close the stall door behind you. Suddenly, the zombie corpse springs to life and you get (almost) eaten.

Maybe you could possibly gain extra stats every X amount of days. (after Day X you wouldn’t gain anymore stats) example: Day 10 you gain +1 Strength, and day 20 you gain +1 perception.

Too much. You would become overpowered. And you could easily gain stats without doing anything.

If we want to do this, i could say… like… win an stat of STR when you passed 2 seasons lifting weights at least half hour every 2 days? It would be needed like… uff, a lot of hours! And it could still be overused, so… more or less… if you do weights for more than half hour you gain points to win an stat point, if you do more you start to “lose” the points to win an stat point. And if you do a lot you could harm you severely. And to win an stat point… how many points, if an hour is 60, would be needed to win the stat point? 6000? 30000? 60000?

This game would turn into an RPG

Well, a method you could use to make it so you can’t become overpowered is making it so you have to maintain your stats after you get them. Keep working out, running, blahblahblah. If you don’t maintain them eventually they drop to your character’s defaults. Or lower, maybe. And the higher the stat is, the more work you need to maintain it, and the faster it decreases.

I personally think that stats should increase based off what you do over time and should feel normal. But randomly gaining stats is the worst idea for this game and frankly doesnt fit in. The best bet is to make it connect to what you do and have a arc thingy linked to it (low stats increase faster then high stats)

High Morale do that already

And what is it now?