Moving logs for construction

I’ve finally managed to survive a few nights and have been doing alright for myself. I now want to build up around a LMOE shelter. The nearest forest is a couple map squares away so I was wondering, is there a faster way of moving logs from one place to another for construction rather than one by one?

You could get a car or truck or something that can hold objects and lumberjack happily away.

I was afraid of that. I’m running out of gas in my truck.

Go raid military surplus and hardware stores for jerrycans, then fill 'er up.
Or harvest your truck for spare parts and build a footcrank-powered deathtrike.

Yeah working on that part. I was also hoping to avoid the tedium of transferring them one by one into it, then one by one out of it, then one by one chopping them into 2x4s…

Have you considered sewing up extra backpacks and trenchcoats? A rucksack would work well. If I remember right, logs are more volume than weight.

Heh, glad I checked, I was going to recommend the “advanced inventory” command, but it’s not in 0.4
It’s like a whole new game now.

++ for deathtrike.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:1163”]Heh, glad I checked, I was going to recommend the “advanced inventory” command, but it’s not in 0.4

++ for deathtrike.[/quote]

Oh you tease, getting me all excited and hyped for the next release!!

Advanced Inventory? Oh, to hell with 0.4 then, haha.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:1163”]Heh, glad I checked, I was going to recommend the “advanced inventory” command, but it’s not in 0.4

++ for deathtrike.[/quote]
My general response for times like this are “If you are playing the latest version then x, elsewise no.” :stuck_out_tongue: