Moose, the friendly moose

I shall keep him as a pet… I guess?

Wait, I see a friendly squirrel as well. Let me guess… Rocky and Bullwinkle?

i once lived with a bear under one roof - he was “ignoring” or “tracking” most of the time and only attacked me once, when i was weakened and bleeding - a good smack with an axe made him calm again…

“meanwhile in russia”

In cataclysmic New England, moose hunts YOU!

"meanwhile in russia"
[spoiler=Concentrated stereotypes] Come here, Stepan, let's have a nice obi'ati'a and drink some vodka and tsi'ai. How was your den', Stepa? Oh I see you got some uran and got luchi'evai'a sickness. Well lol))) [/spoiler]

And in this case for you

I wonder if this is somehow related to the issue where if an electronic monster has enough hp an emp, if it does not kill it, it makes it friendly.

I think friendly animals happen if you have animal empathy AND you are powerful enough for the animal to fear you - not enough to make it run, but just enough for it to not want a fight.

When it says friendly, does it mean it’ll follow you/fight with you?

In this case, though, the survivor I have is just starting out, and has animal discord. A beaver even went out of its way to attack my survivor.

two unfriendlies make a friendly? An interesting double negative bug.

Just make your own head canon for that moose. He was a pet of a rich guy who owned that house and he got used to humans and doesn’t want to rip their small intestine through their large intestine at random points in time.

In this case, though, the survivor I have is just starting out, and has animal discord. A beaver even went out of its way to attack my survivor.[/quote]

Huh… I wonder if you caused an overflow. I wouldn’t be surprised if the “attitude” status is tracked with a relatively small variable, and since a moose is normally very aggressive in this game I wouldn’t be surprised if its default state is very close to the minimum value. Maybe Animal Discord stacked with some other negative modifier caused the value to overflow and wrap around to the positive side?

In this case, though, the survivor I have is just starting out, and has animal discord. A beaver even went out of its way to attack my survivor.[/quote]

Huh… I wonder if you caused an overflow. I wouldn’t be surprised if the “attitude” status is tracked with a relatively small variable, and since a moose is normally very aggressive in this game I wouldn’t be surprised if its default state is very close to the minimum value. Maybe Animal Discord stacked with some other negative modifier caused the value to overflow and wrap around to the positive side?[/quote]
Like the situation with Gandhi in the first Civilization game going from 0 agression to 255, after getting “-10” agression from researching a certain technology? I think this game is more advanced than that… but it would be pretty funny :smiley:

That technology was democracy iirc, and I don’t know if that would cause a stack overflow I haven’t played with the code in this game.