[MOD] survive_the_nut: What we once thought to be our friend could turn out to be our greatest foe yet

survive_the_nut
What we once thought to be our friend could turn out to be our greatest foe yet.

This mod is the third part of the _nut series of mods. It (currently) adds a pine nut golem that rarely spawns in forests (provided that I did it correctly), and will ruin your day. However, manage to kill it and you can claim its bounty of pine nuts, in addition to a few pinecones and a small mana crystal. The number of pine nuts you get probably isn’t very balanced, but this thing isn’t easy to kill. It’s fast, tough, and hits relatively hard.

I’ll probably add more pine nut abominations to this mod at some point. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them here.

Also thanks to Zangriff for unknowingly giving me the idea for this mod.

Here’s the link: https://github.com/ERRORCODE509/survive_the_nut

By the way, which of these two mods would you want me to make first? The only info you get for now is the name of each mod.

• wield_the_nut
  • consume_the_nut

0 voters

2 Likes

He did it! The madman actually went and did it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

v1.1 has been released, adding the pine nut titan, a massive creature that isn’t hostile until attacked. While slow, it is extremely difficult to kill and hits hard. Similar to the pine nut golem, it fears fire and spawns in forests, albeit even less frequently.

v1.2 has been released, adding the pine nut construct, a humanoid mass of pine nuts that spawns in forests more frequently than pine nut golems, and is hostile on sight. Has stats that are a bit better than a feral human, but is much faster.

Made some balancing changes, namely reduced the amount of pine nuts given by the pine nut titan, as it previously gave so many on full butcher it would give over 1000 L and result in them being deleted.

Also continued to add entries to the wiki. The info is mostly just what’s in the files, but it’s probably useful to someone.

You madman. It was just a pun. JUST A PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN :rofl:

is that name supposed to be memey on purpose?

Of course it is. Why else?

Also for those wondering, consume_the_nut should be released within the next 30 minutes or so.