Trial and Error modding (A wandering updater encounter and adventure)

Hey all, I found this post and wanted to play around with some mods, I followed the post and everything is working fine, but, I can’t for the life of me figure out which mod is doing this strange opacity thing along with a red tint

I don’t like it all, and I’d like to disable the mod that’s doing it. I can see terrain underneath doors and such as well.

That was a recent bug in the game itself. Update, it should be resolved

Awesome! who would figured ha ha. Thanks!

I’ve just updated the compatibility mod, added warhammer 40K mod and updated to b8166. That red tint bug was kinda cool for about 5 minutes, then I noticed the item opacity thing and was unhappy. fortunately it was fixed within minutes, we all just had to wait on the compiler to get the update.

Sweet, do I need to download the compatibility patches again?

I’ve reduced the spawns on some ridiculously OP monsters, notably that damned tankbot that keeps spawning in police stations and making them no mans land. They rapid fire shoot flippin grenades, why they were set to a freq of 50 in group robot, I don’t know. I like a challenge, but come on.
Make sure you’re using Pora’s Compilation 1.5 for the MutEx zombies. Let me know what you think of them, I’m still on the fence.

edit: thanks for reminding me, I need to add the dependencies for the combo patch to the OP so people know what they’re getting into lol

Ok sure. That does seem high o.o

I left the deathcam on for about an hour and a half after one killed me. I came back to a completely leveled police station and after I savescummed to see the results, the tank was unharmed. I like the idea of a station being completely nogo because of one of these, but not ALL of them. I couldn’t find a single tank free station. Hopefully this has changed, I haven’t found a station in my current world.

LOL that is way too much death. I haven’t got very far is this game, but, some of these mods make the game a little easier for me if I get lucky and find a nice weapon. I would love to see someone make an “overgrown” mod that takes all the huge insects and overgrown wildlife and makes it a larger focus. Like living in a world full of mega fuana.

I hear there’s work being done on an expansion for dinoMod, that might be something close to what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Oh yes! awesome. I can’t wait.

I keep getting this error and I can’t start because of it

DEBUG    : Error: line 1:59: no such monster

{ “mapgensize”: [ 5, 5 ], “place_monster”: [ { “monster”:
^
“mon_bear_smoky”, “x”: [ 0, 4 ], “y”: [ 0, 4 ] } ] }

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 694

hmm…i thought I’d fixed that. I’m not getting it on my local setup. Are you still using the B8137 Combo patch? I guess it WAS necessary to update the patch. I honestly forgot about them moving smoky bear to crazy cataclysm mod.

I’m not sure whats going so I’m slowly add each mod in the exact same order as your mod.json file. I’ll let you know if it runs when I’m done. Also, I can’t start a game with mutation changes, it complains about mutagen iv and something else and then spits me back to main menu

It sounds like you’ve got some outdated mods mixed in. Did you download mutation changes through my link in OP? It’s a fixed version that shouldn’t have the mutagen iv issue. I’m pretty sure I’m running it unmodified.

edit: I did make one modification, i deleted scenarios.json bc it’s already mainlined and caused a minor error about duplicated entries. That’s noted in the OP though.

Maybe. I’m going to delete the mutation changes folder, download the one in your OP, because I’m unsure if I got it there or not. Also still getting that error.

DEBUG    : Error: line 1:59: no such monster

{ “mapgensize”: [ 5, 5 ], “place_monster”: [ { “monster”:
^
“mon_bear_smoky”, “x”: [ 0, 4 ], “y”: [ 0, 4 ] } ] }

FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 694

Not sure what’s up, I made sure to get new files from your OP. It’s a little confusing, your OP, but, I think I’m doing everything right. Thanks for helping btw

DEBUG    : Received unrecognized iuse function MUT_IV, using iuse::none instead

FUNCTION : use_function Item_factory::usage_from_string(const string&) const
     FILE     : src/item_factory.cpp
     LINE     : 2454

DEBUG    : Received unrecognized iuse function MUTAGEN, using iuse::none instead

FUNCTION : use_function Item_factory::usage_from_string(const string&) const
     FILE     : src/item_factory.cpp
     LINE     : 2454

DEBUG    : Error: data/mods//Mutation changes//mutation_category.json: line 2:5: member not found: threshold_mut

[
    {
     ^

"type" : "mutation_category",
        "id" : "mutation_tortoise",

FILE     : src/main_menu.cpp
 LINE     : 694

No dice on the mutation changes mod, I mad sure to get it from your OP link. Also getting the smokey bear issue

I know my OP is confusing…it’s the best I can translate my thoughts into words. I can’t even find an entry for mon_bear_smoky outside of the crazy cataclysm mod where it belongs.

That’s an error which was present in my setup right after b8149? when they moved smoky bear out of mainline…I fixed it…the fix should be in the download in OP bc I just copy-pasted it into the zip like I always do.
I’m sorry, I don’t know how to help from here. If you download a program called grepWin, you could search your mods folder for mon_bear_smoky to tell me which files it’s present in and I could tell you where to proceed from there. Or do a clean install, starting fresh with just your configs and saves.

Yea R.I.P. time. I’m just gonna nuke my install and start fresh. But, I gotta get some sleep. Thanks much! Your fine btw, love the fact your making it all work together. Night!

Try my version of mutation changes, straight out of my mods folder. If this works, I must have fixed something while drunk again…