Military Vehicle Heavy Weapons pack

You’d do it old-school, go scout, choose a target, go back yo your artillery, do some math for distance, trajectory, etc, set your aim, fire a volley, then go check the damage. If you’re trying to hit a hulk it’s a bit of a problem, if you’re trying to hit a town, not so much. Somewhere in between, hitting a building would be hard but possible.[/quote]

Or be a forward observer for NPCs with the fire support.

I actually imagined tank drones as being basically a war of the worlds tripod with a BIG FUCKING GUN in between its legs. Boxier then a tripod of course, but still three legged and cool. Or like this

I’ve wanted mortars and artillery in Cataclysm from the beginning! I’d really like to see this. ( And get some time to actually play )

As for the tank drone, I also imagined it as pretty big, even MBT big, but I looked and it never specifies a size, just that it’s the only type ever made. Guess it just falls into one of DDA’s many ill-defined gray areas.

I originally thought that a 120 mm gun would need a big chassis to carry, but a quick Google search seems to indicate otherwise. While many MBT’s carry a 120 and they can get very big, some seem to be fairly small ‘mortar’ weapons with short barrels that are far smaller with a shorter range. Guess it just depends on what exactly we want the Tank drone to actually be.

NB* I have next to no knowledge on military equipment so take that for what its worth.

Yeah, in the modern world rifled barrels have fallen out of favour for smoothbores, so you no longer really need a long barrel for spin. The length of the barrel nowadays is only really important for purposes of shot velocity and range, and given how the tankbot seems pretty close range with that gun, chances are it could afford to have a stubby barrel.

Yeah, I like to think the tankbot is no bigger then a smart car. They make 120mm low-pressure guns can be made pretty lightweight and compact. Maybe it’s like a short-barreled 120 mortar it direct fires everywhere.

a smart car WITH LEGS! i just always pictured it having legs, idk why.

What would be absolutely adorable looking.

What would be absolutely adorable looking.[/quote]
with its little stubby tank gun, and little eye looking sensors.