Mi-go BS - any defense against it?

Yes, pain resistance also should work.

I was talking/writing about the heat sources on the ground floor - it may get rid of them forever. It’s not a solution for the higher floors (unless you use @MutaMan’s “approach the upper floor from the outside”… uh… suggestion?), at least not if you want to build a vehicle in the heat of the building.

Again, not planed to being used on the cell floor, unless you want to construct a shield of some type - while slowly melting away in the heat.

Yes, they are in game, but I don’t think that they affect “temperature”, only putting out fires (well, even that doesn’t work very well…) and pushing around critters. And yes, you would need them running the whole time… as it would be done in the real world, too.

The wall you’ve quoted has a lower breaking strength than the scarred lump, so you could bash it down easier (and the sonic resonator would work on the walls/roof-floor for sure). You could also build a wall/window/whatever next to the scarred lump and smash that down (with a coolant assistent, like the mentioned vehicle cooler). Again, this wouldn’t work everywhere, but still, it’s some sort of progress…

Finally remembered to return to it. Well, what can I say… seems the update doesn’t fix already generated towers, it’s still 100+C in there, and even if I remove those fields via map editor, they are just regenerated from those “scarred lumps”.
So I just used debug HVAC mutation… which didn’t do jack shit, I still got slowed to speed 25 and got slow damage applying to all body parts. But eh, whatever, at this point I just activated TD,ICC and nanobots and went forward. Now, the good news: Sonic Resonator actually works! Thank you, @Valase. Sometimes it takes more than one activation for the wall to break but eventually it does break.
And now, the bad news: those NPCs are either dumber than bricks, or bugged. Or maybe they are affected by those buggy stupidly high temperatures. I spoke with each end every one of them(nice shout-out to T2 btw), they are all counted as my followers but they don’t, uh, follow me. They just move back and forth a few tiles on the same floor their cages were, sometime telling each other to get outta their way. I even tried telling them to “move to my camp” via dialogue, they said “okay” and then nothing happened. I though maybe it’s RB issue so I moved waaaay out - nope, they are all listed as being there if I look at the overmap. Still at the same floor, even.
Any ideas how to bring them to my camp?

Sounds like they’re avoiding gas fields, like they do with smoke or poison gas. Try putting a gas mask on one and see if he’ll path through it?

Or, just hack into the walls with explosives or whatnot. If it’s on an upper floor, building could work.

So long as you are interested in the overkill methodology of the Cataclysm.

If their path-finding doesn’t like the Mi-go chambers, then giving them a new route outside it may help.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion of the nature of cold

I think it should be: “We have such sights to show you”. Assuming i got it right where you took it from.
And now I want to watch it again.

Exactly if one cooler does’nt work make a cooler cooler with extra cooler friends abomination

Thats the priciple behind the most powerfull weapon in game, deathmobiles after all, stack things upon things in order to make it run straight through hulks and armoured vehicles.

What composite plating can’t deal with hulks? Add rollers.
(Or shredders if you want to retain offroad capability.)

Vehicle too light to run over forrests and buildings? Add moar armour and double engine it up. Eventually its gonna push through and work. Same as construction span.

2 Likes