Metabolism and Thirst Reduction Mod

Adds several mutations that alter hunger and thirst rates by reducing them to 1/2, 1/4, or 1/10th.

Can add to an existing world by modifying the save’s mods.json and adding “Metabolism_Rates” to the list, with a comma behind every entry except the last. Mutations can be added to an existing character with debug menu, mutate, then use search for reduction with the / key.

Get it on github

2 Likes

Kinda figured someone would just end up getting annoyed and make it…

Good stuff! any recommendation for a good realism/balance combination? never really got to test out the new malnutrition system.

What is a .7z file ending? …Just kidding :wink:

Thank you for the help.
Somehow from a gamecrash my mods folder got empty. And then CDDA-Launcher installed completely new. So my progress was lost as I worked in the mods folder itself. So that was another lesson on having good backup habits.

I found the info files like JSON_INFO.md in \cdda\doc.
I took what I needed from the mutations.json. I tried to copy from the LIGHTEATER trait.
Thoose deletion of the mods folder was very demotivating.
So thank you very much for the relief.

No idea on a realistic combo - I am fine with what is in the game already, as long as I avoid the really bad mutations. Just experiment and find what works best for you.

The only thing that bothers me with realism is how much hunger/thirst it costs to use a chainsaw or jackhammer . My character went from full to starving by just jackhammering down two walls.

Aye, those damn tapeworms go berserk when they feel vibrations

1 Like

Haha that would explain it!