Hunger/thirst Mod

Recently, I heard that someone wanted a mod that’ll slow down the rate that you become hungry and thirsty.

I don’t think I’ve seen something like this in the labs, I did a search in google and only came up with Skyrim mods, a search here that only brought up guides in how to code in Lua.

I’m wondering if there’s already a such mod.

Three mods.

One makes it so you don’t get hungry or thirsty at all.
One makes it so that you get hungry and thirsty, but at a slower rate. (How much slower?)
One makes that you get hungry and thirsty, but at a faster rate. (How much faster?)

Just like the slow/faster zombie mod. Did someone already programmed those?

Edit: (In starting trait menus) I noticed that there’s a good trait that does this, Light Eater. Oddly, there’s no good trait that makes you to need less water, when there’s a bad trait, high thirst. That might need correcting, since Low thirst is in the mutate list.

Rip those codes out, edit and turn into a mod package that’ll auto apply to all avaters in the world with the mod enabled?

Hunger rate isn’t modable at the moment.

The best you can get is debug-mutating slow metabolism and low thirst or that debug mutation that makes you immune to hunger, thirst and fatigue.

I’m envisioning this huge, impractical mod which simply increases the amount of nutrition that you get from things by a ton.

That future amuses me.

[quote=“Enke, post:3, topic:8925”]I’m envisioning this huge, impractical mod which simply increases the amount of nutrition that you get from things by a ton.

That future amuses me.[/quote]

It wouldn’t need to be huge and impractical.

If you’re fine with changing per-item nutrition rather than nutrition rate and “stomach size”, it could be implemented relatively easily by doubling/halving nutrition of all items in lua, like slow/fast zeds.
This wouldn’t be the same as changing hunger rate because it wouldn’t change the time it takes you to get from full to starving, but it would be relatively easy.

It’s not possible at the moment, because we have a feature freeze before next stable release and as far as I recall catalua doesn’t support editing item nutrition values yet.