Make first aid/bandages heal over time

just as the title says, instead of “voila, i’m whole again” the first aids should act more like sleep does, healing an amount of health over a given period of time. We don’t need healing potions in this game too :slight_smile:

They do…

i don’t mean 5 min :), more like a few hours or so
if i have a cut and apply a bandage, it won’t heal in the next few minutes, it will only stop bleeding faster.
I was thinking of something along 1hp every 10 min or so for the next 1-2 hours. More like sleep is healing now, even is kinda stretched how i can sleep myself to healthy now

yup yup yup yup yup. Definitely needs to go in, first aid could still stop bleeding instantly, but for HP regen it should take a long time.

However, I know this was discussed before and there were a few reasons why it was kept like this I think - I can’t remember what they were though and can’t think of any good reasons myself currently.

This so very much please. Even if it’s just as an optional feature.

I know it’s supposed to be a sandbox game, but I don’t think we need everything as an option, this just seems like a sensible addition that I can’t think anyone would have a problem with.

You’d think so but then there will be. Still just saying it an option in the case of it being so.

Then add in a healing potion to counter act the people who dont want extended time first aid healing :stuck_out_tongue:

We already got that covered with that Rivtech medical injection we got about a week ago.

HA!

Pretty straightforward, we can add a “healing” condition or two (different intensities perhaps?) which increases HP of the affected bodypart over time, and make healing items inflict this condition instead of directly messing with HP.

Sounds like a solid improvement to me.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:11, topic:4433”]Pretty straightforward, we can add a “healing” condition or two (different intensities perhaps?) which increases HP of the affected bodypart over time, and make healing items inflict this condition instead of directly messing with HP.

Sounds like a solid improvement to me.[/quote]

will you marry me ? :smiley:

I think Kevin is married already.

Yea, and no polyagny for me.
It wouldn’t work anyway, you just want me for my commits.

Do like. It’d prevent the too-easy solution of ducking into a door and shutting it, giving you more than enough time to completely heal yourself before the door busts down and you’re fresh as a daisy.

You could still do this to stop bleeding or whatever, but it wouldn’t ‘fix’ you. You’d still be vulnerable to further damage. For that kind of healing your body needs time to repair itself.

Man, sometimes I feel like I’m the only guy here who doesn’t want the game to be as brutally realistic as possible. I don’t want to spend half my time sitting in the shelter waiting for my wounds to heal, that just isn’t fun at all for me.

Yup. Not alone.

Well, maybe what we need is more things to do during downtime. We’ve already got books, cooking, construction, and vehicle maintenance. I’m sure there are other things we could add in that could be done in the quiet hours. That way, you don’t ‘waste’ time healing, but healing will still happen if you’re out on a long excursion. Just not as fast.

Even with this proposed change, if you’re spending anything like half your time healing, you’re doing something wrong…

More downtime options would be useful, once you’ve read all the skill books there’s not much else aside from processing wood into charcoal and meat into smoked/dehydrated meat or jerky. Personally I’m against this change but I’m probably in the minority here.