Magiclysm: A Total Fantasy Overhaul

Updating to the latest version will work, try deleting the files and then updating if that doesn’t work

I don’t think the owl bear has a unique sprite though

Also is it possible to hotfix the trait problem by starting off on “Would-be Wizard” instead of “Novice Stormshaper” because now I’m stuck with stormshaper trait

they do, trolls too, havent checked but i think only the spiders are the one that not .

1 Like

spiders have sprites too.

2 Likes

what im anticipating now, is the dragon sprite, i like dragons :D, wanted to see a live one, not just the dracolich from the arcana mod

Hi, I’m having some trouble with your mod. For some reason I can’t cast summon zombie even though its level 7. It’s just greyed out, and I’m not wielding anything.

are you wearing gloves

1 Like

Dang it, its that simple xD

I thought it was because I was wielding something

so what happens is when your hand encumbrance goes above 10 (left hand + right hand so shows 5 in the interface) your casting cost for spells goes up if they are impeded by gloves. if your casting cost rises high enough you are unable to cast the spell. this affects spells that take HP much more than ones that take mana, which i may end up changing a bit.

2 Likes

is the issue of necrotic gaze not doing damage fixed?, or im perhaps an isolated case?

zombies and creatures that don’t breathe are just immune to necrotic gaze. i’m going to have to a pretty major rewrite of how spells do damage to monsters, but i’ve been putting that off for a while now.

2 Likes

ohhh ok, that explains somethings,weird part is that it didnt affect dogs either

Noticing some issues with some of the attack spells: Magic Missile currently seems to reflect off of zombie hide, regardless of skill level, making it essentially useless. Also Lightning Bolt seems to imply that it can affect multiple enemies from the description - but does not.

regardless of skill level? what level’s the spell?

1 Like

Tested up through spell level 4 - which should be more than enough to penetrate basic zombie skin (and any possible clothing bonuses).

It needs to be higher than that, get it up to 8 or so and stuff will start dying reliably.

did something change?, i remember magic missile being pretty good even a low levels, you could say that it was like a gun and the magic bolt was like an sniper rifle

It’s not a matter of stuff dying to it. It’s a matter of dealing any damage whatsoever. At that level it SHOULD be easily penetrating any armor the zombie possibly has. It doesn’t. At all.

Was this mod added in an experimental version? I looked through the files of my 0.D stable build, and it’s not there.

yeah, if you have the game launcher, is added automatically, and is on the core section of the mods ui

How rare are black dragons? I’ve been going through a lot of swamps and haven’t found a single one, while owl bears seem to be a dime a dozen.