Magiclysm: A Total Fantasy Overhaul

Add me on discord at Zyzx#7244

I believe we’ve talked before on the dev discord when i was attempting to make some spells but couldn’t get my head around how it all worked, I’ve done a lot of design stuff for my own D&D projects (been a DM for about 10 years now) and could draw up a bunch of maps and such for you. Also saw on your magiclysm roadmap that you were interested in adding dungeons, I’ve got a bunch of ideas for great ways that could be accomplished and integrated in an interesting way.

1 Like

I just want to say that the black dragon lair feels like one of the most well designed dungeons in the game. It has everything covered; danger, traps, loot, flavor, an amazing layout, makes good use of underused mechanics (swimming, water breathing).

3 Likes

what`s the flaming flamberge scroll/book name? I simply cannot find it >/

There is no recipe book for the flamberge, you auto-learn it at 8 fabrication + 2 cutting + 2 spellcraft.

How do you find something with Mana Infusing? Am I just not looking hard enough? I’ve only got a few recipes (about 4), but I assume it’ll be useful to be able to craft them some day.

AFIK, they are only craftable, not lootable, you need a copper bracelet to craft it (having a mana infusing level of 1) and a tool with chiseling of 1 or more, and iirc the recipe for it is autolearned, afterwards is the silver bracelet (with a mana infusing level of 2) but that can be crafted only if you have the book with the recipe.

Got it - I found one of the books and made a Silver Infusing Bracelet. Very helpful; hopefully I’ll get to use it soon.

Hate to post another thing here right away, but I’m having another small issue that I can’t seem to figure out - how do I get these Animist spells to work? It says I only have a 17% chance to fail, but it also tells me I ‘don’t have enough Energy’ and then shows me a full bar of health.

you are probably wearing gloves which increase the energy cost of spells.

a screenshot could be helpful, it sounds similar to the problem of the arcana mod with the dragon mutation that asked for a lot of hp. And just in case you didnt know, if you use gear that has coverage of a 100% of the body, you cant use animist spells since you cant cut yourself.

I’ll put a screenshot here; I do have the Paws mutation, would that 10 encumbrance be enough that I would be unable to cast the spell at all?

My current clothing;

My stats and encumbrance;

My spell list.

I suppose I have fur on my body, but would that make me unable to cut myself? I do have a butcher knife in my inventory currently.

i knew it, that thrice damned issue.

From what i understood, it does, since even having gloves or using a shield cause the issue, have you tried naked?, if the issue persist, try removing that mutation via the debug menu ( try it again without any gear too, to be sure) if that worked, then i think an issue should be made, unless is intended that encumbrance from your body affects spells too

Edit: sorry i just saw the PC screen showing that the PC is totally naked, so yeah chances are the mutation is the issue.

Yeah, I purified it off and now it works. It’s rough that even basic gloves can prevent you from casting Animist magic as a whole.

Will there be any plans to add new mutation paths and/or bionics themed around the Magiclysm Mod?

Like a life absorber Bionic that leeches health from enemies and adds to yours.

1 Like

I’ve been messing around with Magiclysm for a little while and decided to read through the code, and it looks like having a higher spellcraft skill actually makes you learn spells even slower.
Seems odd, any particular reasoning behind it?

if true, that’s a math error on my part

Well the formula’s pretty straightforward, you’ve got:
base_time * ( 1.0 + sp.obj().difficulty / ( 1.0 + ( p.get_int() - 8.0 ) / 8.0 ) + ( p.get_skill_level( skill_id( "spellcraft" ) ) / 10.0 ) );
When you probably wanted:
base_time * ( 1.0 + sp.obj().difficulty / (( 1.0 + ( p.get_int() - 8.0 ) / 8.0 ) + ( p.get_skill_level( skill_id( "spellcraft" ) ) / 10.0 ) ));

Since yesterday I get
src/generic_factory.h:384 [int_id<T> generic_factory<T>::convert(const string_id<T>&, const int_id<T>&) const [with T = oter_t]] invalid overmap terrain id "magic_basement"

With this settings

- OS Version: LSB Version: 1.4; Distributor ID: Antergos; Description: Antergos Linux; Release: rolling; Codename: n/a; 
- Game Version: 0.D-11145-g397d11eb69-dirty [64-bit]
- Graphics Version: Tiles
- Mods loaded: [
    Dark Days Ahead [dda],
    Magiclysm [magiclysm],
    No Rail Stations [No_Rail_Stations],
    No Fungal Monsters [No_Fungi],
    Disable Religious Texts [no_religious_Texts],
    No Flaming Weapons [no_flaming_weapons],
    Disable NPC Needs [no_npc_food],
    Simplified Nutrition [novitamins],
    Stats Through Skills [StatsThroughSkills]
]

I got latests master compiled. Should I report it as bug on github or is this just me?

Did a quick test and can confirm this as an issue, it isn’t just you.

The description of translocator gates seem to indicate that they could be warped to with an item (a translocator) as well as the translocate self spell. Are there any plans to add such an item or does it already exist without me knowing?