Looking for suggestions - New Overmap areas

I already did, human flesh makes you quite unhappy when you eat it.

Gun nut houses already have this, though I guess we could make an even rarer one that’s even better.

Thread foul, off topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Office Buiding. I know, limited by the one story only. But you can have a one story building with cube farms.

Some houses spawn with a garage that could have basic tools and a small chance of a car, truck, or bike?

Server Farm
Power plant
Military depot
Weather control station (Scientists fucking with weather)
Ozone replenishers (we are STILL using fossil fuels?)
Tram Station
Airport
Car Wash
Furniture store
Beekeeping store
Sex shop

I just looked at what we don’t have.

[A] to activate vibrator. Wat.

Greenhouse

Sports Arenas
Strip malls
Monuments, statues, ect.

Funfair
Golf driving range
Vet’s surgery
Dog pound
Builder’s merchant
Office
Car wash
Florists
Doctor’s surgery
Psychiatrist’s surgery
Zoo
Fancy Dress shop
Record shop
Go-cart circuit
Stable
Gym
Hotel / Motel
School
Church / Graveyard
Tattoo parlour
Museum
Biker Gang HQ
Construction Site
Fire Station

I agree that farms would be a good addition. Maybe also add something like a water tower or an inner city lake where the people got their water before the end. Along with the water utilites, possibly a power plant of whatever kind.

New overmap tile: Solar Power Towers

Regular house, but outside of the city limits, so it has it’s own well.

We already have those… twice technically, or 3 times if you count my LMOE Bunkers… There are cabins in the woods, farm houses, and LMOE

Or do you mean the “Well” part of it.

It’s not something many people consider. Most cities water system would crap out pretty quick without maintenance. Houses in outlieing areas would be better off with their own water systems.

Failed quarantine roadblocks on highways?

Fish farms? (Catch tainted fish with a spear?)

Country clubs with golf courses? Lots of golf carts, a golf club melee weapon, etc.

A cheap interstate motel,

a trailer park,

a lumber yard,

Just some ideas! I think they’re decreasing in quality as I continue so I’ll stop for now.

I have been thinking about a hotel for a while now… just need to fix highways…

I know, not part of this thread, but I think a lot of the areas would require 3d map support to do right. shrugs

Museum. (Lots of space, zombies, useless displays… But a chance for artifacts and almost always medieval weapons/armor, a gift shop with snacks/magazines, and a small computer locked security office with a gun locker.)
Looted buildings (Smashed up windows, everything grabbed, shelves knocked over.)

These are kind of mundane and are town-focused, but I thought they might add a little texture to the world:

Firehouse: Environmental protection gear, some tools, maybe an axe or two. Chance of picking up a truck. Maybe it could have a siren you could sound if you felt like spawning a huge pile of zombies?

Grocery store: Probably a good source of canned goods (and fresh food for a day or two). Kind of trivial, but it feels weird walking around this town with tons of gun shops and liquor stores but no grocers. I don’t know, maybe everyone does their food shopping at the mega store?

Barber shop: Really mundane, but it would add some texture. You could pick up a scissors, maybe a straight razor, some flammable hair spray. Or you could smash up the chairs for steel chunks.

Also, this is maybe a better encounter than an actual location but: Road under construction. Road is torn up, causing a navigation hazard. There are a bunch of dead bodies carrying tools and wearing hard hats. Maybe a construction vehicle (bulldozer, anyone?)

Grocery stores are already present. Darker green icon on the map. Uncommon, but not rare.