Map generation scale

It would be cool if cities were a lot bigger. Like 1/2-2/3 of a chunk. And then a big city chunk could be surrounded by 8 wilderness chunks or small town chunks, special etc. With vehicles this game could really take advantage of a greater scale and it would allow better cities with urban centers and more variation in building types and realism. And urban centers could be packed with shoulder to shoulder zombies.

I’ve thought about this, that they say “cities”, and when I think cities I think at least like 50 buildings (in video games), let alone like 100 buildings where the center ones are multi-level. (maybe we could get a parachute item for skyscrapers?)

They can get pretty big at times… I haven’t even uncovered this whole one, and there’s like 150+ structures already visible

And that place is gonna be weeks/months of work to clear out
Funny thing was my evac shelter is spawned right where the char is
First seven or so houses were easy pickings
Trying to reach the first garage was almost fatal, though

Not sure exactly why, but I’ve only seen freaking huge cities in v0.3, like the one xara posted above. Personally I prefer small townships and villages. ideally I think small towns should have say, a supermarket, liquor, hardware stores and gas station as a bare minimum.
Anything larger, add a few more of those stores bar gas station, then add in a library and electronics store.
Would be nice if we had like, stopovers for highways too-- far away from any towns or villages, a small motel (probably with some zombified loons about) with a few parking lots, a gas station and a restraunt or two. Would be a nice place to encounter some survivor NPCs too.

That is a nice sized one but I think it would be cooler if towns of those size generated outside even bigger ones. There would still be normal-big towns and small little towns and stuff. Just also the occasional huge metropolis. And yeah, it would take years to clear out, but its a big city so of course it would. The way I imagine it cities would have such a high population that they could also be points of origin for wandering herds of zombies.

That is a nice sized one but I think it would be cooler if towns of those size generated outside even bigger ones. There would still be normal-big towns and small little towns and stuff. Just also the occasional huge metropolis. And yeah, it would take years to clear out, but its a big city so of course it would. The way I imagine it cities would have such a high population that they could also be points of origin for wandering herds of zombies.[/quote]
Back before whales quit it wasn’t uncommon for someone to find a mega city with 1000+ buildings