Looking for suggestions - New Overmap areas

Huh, OK. I’ve yet to encounter one – but then, I haven’t been playing for too long.

Cult Site=There are rumors that deep in the woods that there are these people that chant stange words, and do stange daces. No one knows why but after the Cataclysm these THINGS started to habit the place along with the bones and stange artifacts. 1x1

Wooden Hut= The people that most likely survived after the cataclysm are most likely the woodsmen. Their high level of survival experience and gun skill allowed them to survive the few stary zeds that came their way, but the isolation have left most of their minds unstable. 1x1

manbird nest= The cazy ass scientist seem to also somehow fuck with cross breeding humans and birds. So now we have these bird people making nest here and there. There is some good to this, they do find some of the strangest of things, so it is good place to find some rare items. 2x2

Factory= Before the dark days these places were like thriving fortress. Yet after the stronger monster started to show up the non-up to date secerity of the place, did not hold. Now they are a graveyard were zed roam and an army of tools and parts lay to rust. 2x3 (side to side)

Dark Woods= They say if you go into the woods with red trees with black steaks down them, you will come out but not the same as you came in.But then why go in in the first place? Well there is a lenged that there is a large stash of great loot somewhere in there but don’t think it will be easy to get to, there are some strange growles and large broken trees around the place. 5x5

Circus= Those damn clowns. Dirty, no good, back stabing, clowns. Even after the vrius was realesed these bastered just did not die, NO, they came back to make your life 1000 times worse. Then the dark days came and load and behold they suck even more. The only thing you will ever know that they are coming is that damn HONK and BIG RED NOSE. Just because there is some strange liquides and trinkets here does not mean you should go through these things… thats if you make it through the lions that is. 5x5 (3x3 large tent and 3x1 trailers)

Sorry if these descriptions do not and/or it makes it to long.

with railroads then various structure’s connecting, rail-bridges, drive-able trains? also train maintenance yards, military trains?
Forestry station (tower w/ gun, ammo, supplies. perhaps a zombie or two)
racetrack (horse, car, gokart,etc)
firing range
Museums
more stores
more restaurants

Gift Shops! A bunch of useless crap no one cares about, maybe some snacks and water

You could also add them to long stretches of bridge, I know the southbound chesapeake bay bridge has one. While on the subject of the CBB, portions of the bridge submerge into an tunnel, maybe add that for bridges? Could be an underground area that branches off in different directions

I’d like to see some improved variety for addition “types” of new locations.

Hole-in-the-wall style bars, convenience stores, restaurants, and cafes would be great. With narrow service corridors. Alleys.

Perhaps a larger “business block” that has a number of “hole-in-the-wall” style structures bisected by an alley or two? With the alleys amounting to their own location, have a chance of dumpsters and matresses and cardboard boxes and piles of trash to dig through, most of it worthless.

• Fire department (as already stated by another user, a good place to find axes and other tools)
  • Construction site (it could be as simple as a walled up area with some construction tools -get shovel!- and materials, and maybe a half made house)
  • Excavation site (somewhere in the wilderness, archeologists were trying to find something -with shovels!-… maybe the player will be to take on their job, and face the consequences -say ancient zombies… aka mummies, or an alien artifact… it could be whatever, or nothing-)

You know what I really, REALLY want? Appartaments. Living on the last floor of a skycrapper… Magnificent fortress, but you cant escape from it when youre being overruned (unless you jump) x3
Also, castles. I want to be a knight and live like a king.
Nuclear shelters, underground houses, pyramids for mummy fun, toxic deposit, Junkyards (without zombies and a lot of broken cars, so I can actually build a vehicle without being attacked by 5000 zombies)…

Most of these were already mentioned, but I’d like to throw out my support.

Office Buildings: In the city I live in there’s a limit on how tall a building can be, there are plenty of 1 story office buildings. Could be full of salvageable electronics, some food in break rooms, and some misc tools in the tool closets.

Junkyard: Out in the wilderness, contains lots of metal wreckage and damaged vehicle parts.

School: A large building full of low level skill books. Lunch room contains lots of non perishable food, the nurses office can contain meds, and the gym can contain sports equipment. Full of child zombies with the occasional normal green.

College: A college is found farther in the wilderness and contains higher level skill books. Colleges are a little more randomized, they all contain a few classrooms and a cafeteria. But they randomly contain specialized classroom areas with different themes, an IT area could contain electronics parts and tools. Mechanics could contain car parts and tools, even a few vehicle chassis. Science could contain various chemicals, flasks, and hotplates. Perhaps even have a few lab items like purifier and mutagen in the teacher’s desks. Medical could contain bandages and first aid kits.

Minimall: Basically just a specific formation of currently existing tiles. A parking lot adjacent to a road surrounded by various stores in a U shape, facing the parking lot instead of the road.

Blazing inferno

collages that come in four flavors: city and country collages and (much, much rarer) universities in similar locations.

Football stadiums. But wide open fields surrounded by bleachers, in a few varities. Pretty much every town has at least a basic field in New England, and an actual concrete outer wall is not at all uncommon.

I want hidden kung fu temples where you can learn those martial arts without cheating :smiley:
Also it would be cool to have more dungeons, the type of science labs, many floors and classic roguelike action, with big challenges and good rewards.

The lost city of atlantis so you would finally have some use for swimming skill, scuba gear or underwater bionics/mutations.

I would also like to be able to find bases belonging to those factions you see in the factions menu, some hostile, some friendly. Some use for barterin/speech skills. Maybe in the later developement stage :slight_smile:

Hobby store - Exacto Knives, Balsa wood, wood glue, etc…

rockets? in the store i mean.

public pools, water purification plants, power plants.

I would really like gyms, with dumbbells, energy drinks, bench sets, lots of soft/hard arm protectors, shorts, tracksuits, towels… I want to roleplay my meathead melee character to go do some lifts

Churches would be fun. A bell that can be rung for HUGE noise, should you want to summon the horde. Possessed Z types. holy water to pillage into flasks.

Yeah. They should act like in Red Dead Redemption: Stun them THEN A BIG ASSED LIGHTING ATTACK.
And if you add churches, I want priest or nuns that desintegrate when they are killed (Got the idea from “Get a life” a hl2 mod)

[quote=“AseaHeru, post:74, topic:134”]rockets? in the store i mean.

public pools, water purification plants, power plants.[/quote]
Not sure if Sewage Treatment qualifies as a “water purification” place (or maybe it would if supplied with power, hmm?). Public pool might be a good idea but it’s not clear whether they’d realistically be filled at the time the game starts (original Cata starts in July, IIRC? DDA sometime in the spring).

I’d push for a Fire Station. High school (w/stadium), kung fu temple, and business block would be good too.

Infected caves that are larger than common caves but somewhat like a triffid grove, containing twisted beings and tentacle dogs, something like a portal in the very heart of it that acts like a queen.
It’s basically a lot like a triffid grove, but would show an extreme form of dimensional decay, in a heavily-contaminated area to provide a real series of challenges. Maybe there could be a tentacle creeper hive but they use acid or transmit teleglow. Maybe a sort of wall-mounted spawner, dropping tentacle boils until shot repeatedly. The ground itself could have a high movement cost because it slithers and is slippery, occasionally even lashing out at you so you can’t ever feel safe while exploring the cavern.