Longest continuous game?

How long in real hours was your longest game without dying or giving up? I’m just curious about an estimate on the average of hours that a single session can last (and also keep interest, I guess).

Are you asking how long we play a character or how long we play a character in a single sitting (meaning how long do we play a character without any large breaks).

My longest run ever lasted the course of about two weeks. Should be about three or four game months. I played about an hour to two each day. And it did actually stay interesting because I got skills up high enough to clear out mines and FEMA camps and such with rather ease. If I’m not mistaken though I died because I stumbled upon something in a cave I REALLY underestimated and soon after got every mutation in the game, literally mind you, and then died of starvation. From vomit you know. Although my lifespans are a lot shorter now because I can’t camp out in the forest because Jabberwocks are a thing.

my longest character died not too long ago, i played him for around a week, maybe 2 hours a day or more (depending on the work i was doing at the time) he was pretty skilled, had a nice deathmobile goin, and survived nearly halfway through summer. he died on his way from his car to his base in the middle of a thunderstorm at night. not knowing of the jabberwocks stalking him from the bushes.

(seriously, i was walking for nearly 30 minutes, and the jabberwock decides to kill me 20 feet from my base. who knows how long he was watching me, its all paranoia nightmare fuel i tells ya)

I’m really ADD when it comes to games, so no more than an hour or two :expressionless: I think I might’ve had a 4 hour game once.

MY longest game lasted roughly 3-4 days, not even making it to summer, because after I start a new game after a few days my C:DDA stays in a perminate unresponsive state untill I delete it (and my save) and re download it, so I haven’t had the motive to play it again.
(also, if you thought archery was OP, try archery in water.)

My longest game was till summer and then i got bored , i had my house , all skills extremely high and a solar powered “beetle” that looked like an insect literally. I just gave up and went to the gas station , poured gasoline all over the place and light it on fire. It didn’t go as i expected and there was no explosions or anything and i had no idea how to make the gas pumps explode , i shot them , crashed my car in them , it just poured gas all over the place and when you light it , the fire doesn’t spread.

I spent his last day feeding him with chips , candies and using drugs drinking alcohol and trying to find out a way to make him go out with a boom. Then i used my beetle to smash through a military bunker , but i couldn’t get the rooms with items open and i really needed the explosives. Then i just crafted molotovs and drove as far as i can , on the way i found 2 LAWs and saw a fungal spire. I threw molotovs in all directions and shot both my LAWs , but the spire wasn’t dead yet , so i came up close to shoot it and killed it , but then i got infected with spores. I didn’t have any royal jelly and i didn’t know that it can heal my spores , so after the spores started weakening me , i crashed my car in a apartment tower and set it on fire.

My longest game was until the first Autumn ingame. I had a quaint little base set up in an evac shelter, reading all night by the light of the console, and by day raiding the nearby suburb for foodstuffs. I managed to be starved out by a flu, sleeping all day and night in the shelter eating my stored up canned goods. I ventured out to get some more food, and by the time I was running out of the town for my life, had dispatched about five zombies and grabbed a minimal amount of tuna fish. On the way back to base, however, I was assaulted by the killer of killers, a wolf spider. I mourned Mr. McGee for the rest of the day.
I haven’t had a game since them that had come close to surviving for that long.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:7, topic:2184”]My longest game was till summer and then i got bored , i had my house , all skills extremely high and a solar powered “beetle” that looked like an insect literally. I just gave up and went to the gas station , poured gasoline all over the place and light it on fire. It didn’t go as i expected and there was no explosions or anything and i had no idea how to make the gas pumps explode , i shot them , crashed my car in them , it just poured gas all over the place and when you light it , the fire doesn’t spread.

I spent his last day feeding him with chips , candies and using drugs drinking alcohol and trying to find out a way to make him go out with a boom. Then i used my beetle to smash through a military bunker , but i couldn’t get the rooms with items open and i really needed the explosives. Then i just crafted molotovs and drove as far as i can , on the way i found 2 LAWs and saw a fungal spire. I threw molotovs in all directions and shot both my LAWs , but the spire wasn’t dead yet , so i came up close to shoot it and killed it , but then i got infected with spores. I didn’t have any royal jelly and i didn’t know that it can heal my spores , so after the spores started weakening me , i crashed my car in a apartment tower and set it on fire.[/quote]

That’s the way to go! :smiley: Seeing this post made me laugh, remembered some character from who knows where (probably a movie or something) who tried to end his no good life, and survived every attempt of it. It’s ironical as hell.

Anyway, I was like 3 days from Fall (I have season set on 30 days long), played around 2hrs a day for 14 days or so… Traveled in my steel plated Centipede truck/bus with plow on the front, clearing out everything that was in my path, towns, prisons, fema camps, farms, always heading north/northwest. Good times.

if I remember correctly the longest cata game ever clocked about 2 years in game and about 6 months in RL(note this was back in whale’s days)

So far my longest game lasted until about the 3rd of autumn. RL time, about 4 days I think. My guy was really set up well and I was trying to decide if i wanted to go the bionics route or mutation route. I had a bunch of both. Anyway, the sun came up and dood was awoken by the light. He headed north planning on following a road that was unmapped. Then he bumped into an NPC. The guy freaked out and demanded my dood drop his weapon. My dood said chill out and promptly got shot in the head and torso by a shotgun. Game Over.

And how much you played each day?

It seems on average the longest sessions take about 10-15 hours, from the replies here. I think I remember some dude on the old Whales version who I think played for longer than a year, but he didn’t answer me how long it took him to get to that point.