Breaking into science labs armories

anyone have any idea how many whacks with a sledgehammer and 14 strength it takes to break through reinforced glass, a metal door, and a concrete wall, respectively?

Generally speaking, you’re kinda wasting your time with that sledge.

Use a pickaxe or jackhammer.

You can also get in by hacking a security terminal for a standard quality CBM cache somewhere nearby the barracks, if there is one. It removes the reinforced windows leading into the office near the bulkheads, and the door from there into the armoury is unlocked. This is obviously unintentional, though.

Oh, sonic resonator should also work.

Haven’t found an SR, and don’t have the skills, recipes, or equipment to make a JH or pickax. :frowning:

Earmark it for later plundering, then.

If you’re feeling lucky grab a teleporter from in the lab and use it to get in.

Explode your way in.
Fail a computer hack and lure a securebot next to the wall and kill it

[quote=“MassiveEffectz, post:7, topic:5438”]Explode your way in.
Fail a computer hack and lure a securebot next to the wall and kill it[/quote]
Or the throw down ammo and set it on fire. Just don’t stand to close.

Then eat all the pills and drink all the mutagens.

Please post results.

LOL ok I finally found some 20mm caseless shotgun explosive rounds.

Another way would be the Probability Travel CBM, a.k.a. Passwall spell. Very nice for military bunkers too.

This, though I would recommend not using it on military bunkers without the cloak CBM, as you will land in the middle of turrets that will most likely kill you in an instant.

Match head bombs are excellent for door demolition. They are Storng, and are relatively cheap to make (a use for all those matchbooks everywhere!)

when in doubt it, blow something up. its the easiest way to get stuff open. explosives are pretty easy to find around the map on corpses and such,

Yeah I know, I’m a big proponent of explosives, in this instance I simply didn’t have a single explosive available to me, so I wanted to know if I could break into the armory with a sledgehammer. Apparently not.

I would recomend a single shot from a grenade launcher, concussive rounds, aimed directly at the thickest point in the wall.

And if in doubt, C4!!!

My fav for this is the M72 LAW.

Ram it with a car?
if you get up to speed and jump out then the turrets shouldn’t kill you.

When in doubt, C4.

[quote=“Funk, post:18, topic:5438”]Ram it with a car?
if you get up to speed and jump out then the turrets shouldn’t kill you.[/quote]Talking about the armories here, not the lab itself.