L'll draw your current survivor V.2

great art

[quote=“Revoke, post:8, topic:12674”]Awh yeah! Super cool to see a repeat of this thread. Previously I’ve just lurked on this forum, but I really enjoyed the first thread, so I just registered to join in. Real keen so see what comes out of it.

Here’s my current survivor:
If you like, you could add an adorable little sister in a too-large winter coat, due to the challenge I’ve been playing with. Your call, 'course. Cheers![/quote]

I really enjoyed drawing this one:

Sorry for the delay, guess now would be an appropriate time to say: If you are next on the list and your character has already died or been retired, feel free to say so and post your current character so I can draw them instead.

Well if you want, I have no issue with drawing non-current characters.

Hahah, wow! Mr Candlebury, that is just delightful. Those expression are great. Just how I imagined a bright moment amidst all the gore, violence, and camping in basements. Awesome. Actually, I really like Nine’s expression, too. And the mutation-adapted gear, especially the beaky gas mask. Three thumbs up.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:9, topic:12674”]I was hoping you’d do another one of these threads. I really like your art style when it comes to characters.

Playing a survivor based on the template of my succession game character right now.

Zoey’s her name and moving/hitting stupidly fast is her game, especially since I finally found the infinity+1 sword that is the monomolecular blade.

[/quote]

I tried to pant this one slightly different from my usual way:

Glad you like it Revoke

Dang John, these look good. Well, I’m curious how this one will come out.

Presenting the ever smug, almost always near death, and horribly created Marcel Jarvis. Thankfully I was able to heal him up a bit before sending these images, but I want to see how the near broken equipment will look. Note to self/Marcel, don’t dive into a megastore without a lot more skills and a lot better equipment than a stone spear…

Anyways, inventory:

Stat screen:

Really curious about how he will come out, thanks for putting the time and effort into drawing our survivors John! We really appreciate it.

I’m really sorry this isn’t on topic but I’ve not seen it before. Sacrier in your stat screen what is that zoomed out minimap? Is that a mod or something? It’s really cool

Its been in the experimental versions for the last few months, as a default feature. If you accidentally turned it off, its under the graphics option menu, as “Pixel Minimap”. Don’t know the exact version it was implemented in, but at least as of 5300.

No, no mod. It’s been there for a while now on the experimental, makes things much easier once you know how to read it. You can tell exactly where the dead-heads are instead of just having a vague idea based on the enemy radar up near your weapon/speed. Seriously recommend it.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:24, topic:12674”]I tried to pant this one slightly different from my usual way:

[/quote]

It’s really nice, thanks John.

Never thought of the light survivor clothes looking like modern ninja gear, though it’s cool enough to work great. I started wearing arm guards recently for the block and some protection too, which is even cooler to see now. The only thing missing is the fluffy ears/tail, but that’s alright.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:29, topic:12674”]It’s really nice, thanks John.

Never thought of the light survivor clothes looking like modern ninja gear, though it’s cool enough to work great. I started wearing arm guards recently for the block and some protection too, which is even cooler to see now. The only thing missing is the fluffy ears/tail, but that’s alright.[/quote]

Damn it, I didnt notice you had mutations, I saw a short trait list and I didnt read it because assumed they were all traits.
I mean, you know how mutated characters have a super long trait lists.

Sorry for that.

Draw this scene for me John

[quote=“Subhazard, post:31, topic:12674”]Draw this scene for me John

https://i.imgur.com/yMc4c3y.jpg[/quote]That is Fungally Hilarious

[quote=“Subhazard, post:31, topic:12674”]Draw this scene for me John

https://i.imgur.com/yMc4c3y.jpg[/quote]

Was expecting a “Marloss berries fall out of my pocket”, Glad it didn’t happen.

Shit, NPCs actually eat marloss stuff? Now my mission is to make a Mycus NPC.

You can mutate them, provided that they trust you.

Everyone who replies to this thread that isn’t John just adds more disappointment to my life.

I hope you’re happy.

[quote=“Subhazard, post:36, topic:12674”]Everyone who replies to this thread that isn’t John just adds more disappointment to my life.

I hope you’re happy.[/quote]

[quote=“EldritchSigma, post:10, topic:12674”]Thats pretty awesome that you are draw survivors. Well I guess I can try if someone would like to draw one of my older characters since I am well… artisticly inert. Atleast in the drawing department.

Yes indeed it is my very old character (version vice) dating back some time ago when granades were relativly frequent. Therefor dont be too suprised about the stats. Also highly modded, both with mods from this community as some homebrewed stuff from myself (including some very broken items like a particular cloak he wears which may or may not be related to those stats). Currently if I use him I use him for debugging and testing homebrew mods so I dont run into any issues with my actual characters. Though it is still a blast once in a while to play as a godlike thing.

Anyways here we go:[/quote]

I’m at loss when it comes to drawing this one, I’ve been tried to do it for a few hours now and well let me just say It’s not going great.

Nonetheless, here’s my most decent attempt attempt at drawing the inventory screen, sans mutations. I’ll revise it and try to figure out a way to draw it properly:

A skitarii with a plasma gun.

But seriously, I swear I’ve seen assassin robots that look similar to this in some youtube cgi short.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:38, topic:12674”][quote=“EldritchSigma, post:10, topic:12674”]Thats pretty awesome that you are draw survivors. Well I guess I can try if someone would like to draw one of my older characters since I am well… artisticly inert. Atleast in the drawing department.

Yes indeed it is my very old character (version vice) dating back some time ago when granades were relativly frequent. Therefor dont be too suprised about the stats. Also highly modded, both with mods from this community as some homebrewed stuff from myself (including some very broken items like a particular cloak he wears which may or may not be related to those stats). Currently if I use him I use him for debugging and testing homebrew mods so I dont run into any issues with my actual characters. Though it is still a blast once in a while to play as a godlike thing.

Anyways here we go:[/quote]

I’m at loss when it comes to drawing this one, I’ve been tried to do it for a few hours now and well let me just say It’s not going great.

Nonetheless, here’s my most decent attempt attempt at drawing the inventory screen, sans mutations. I’ll revise it and try to figure out a way to draw it properly:

A skitarii with a plasma gun.

But seriously, I swear I’ve seen assassin robots that look similar to this in some youtube cgi short.[/quote]

That is pretty much on point. Loving your interpretation of my character (+ the nice warhammer 40k reference you interpretated into him). The only thing that I sort of miss are the dragon wings, but nonetheless it is very well done. Going to take this as my avatar on these forums if thats fine with you.

Feel free to make it your avatar.

I’ll likely try to remake it and add the wings when the drawing queue is smaller.