Latest Changes in the recent daily updates

Probably want 1 thread per release. Its hard to tell from the ‘commits’ what the major additions/changes are. We all know about coming tiles. I have been playing an older one since I don’t like to start over constantly. Anyone have comments on some of the major changes. Things I noticed from forums

– some kind of city size option (from bay12 forums)
– Change to water. Toilets run out. Funnels fill over time
– new recipes (like always). saw pickle jars
– further refinements to archery training

just post ‘major stuff’. I might read through and update the list in the first post for people. It will let people know if they want to move to a newer daily version or not. If you have a good game going, you may not want to start over.

Yea we’re pretty terrible about keeping up with the changelog, I should probably catch that up any time I do a merge, then it’d be a teensy little task.

–Completely new blacksmithing system based in fabrication skill

(its kinda easy to miss)

Nails for the nail god gun.

I generally get vague ideas of what’s being added from the commits…

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:2880”]–Completely new blacksmithing system based in fabrication skill
(its kinda easy to miss)[/quote]
Complete with a bunch of new weapons and a leather apron!

I believe there are diamond eyes-sequences bionics for EVERY stat now, thanks to Rivet.

I’m not sure what the status is, but there is supposedly a spawn density option. Zombie apocalypse too pedestrian? How about MORE zombie apocalypse?

GalenEvil published this little number

Spawn size modifier. Roll x50 spawn size, I dares ya.

Combine it with 16x cities and you get undead New York simulation.

Is as impossible to survive as you’ll think it will be in real life

large cities and extra spawns would be fun to mix with the buff option to make your character stronger to balance it out. turn it into more of a shooter. Im messing with elona now. ill try this out.

The buff option? What’s that? Or do you mean upping the number of points you start with?

I died in less than 5 minutes from a horde of spitters that turned half the screen into a giant pool of acid. I killed 50 zombies with martial arts before the evac shelter started to get flooded with zombie dogs and I had to escape onto the streets.
My evac shelter was in the middle of a giant city, I’m pretty sure it’s literally impossible to survive that scenario even if I started with 25 points.

I died in less than 5 minutes from a horde of spitters that turned half the screen into a giant pool of acid. I killed 50 zombies with martial arts before the evac shelter started to get flooded with zombie dogs and I had to escape onto the streets.
My evac shelter was in the middle of a giant city, I’m pretty sure it’s literally impossible to survive that scenario even if I started with 25 points.[/quote]
Stealth and moderation is the key, my friend :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, then you need to consider obtaining food and water. +1 internets for giving it a go mate, well done. :slight_smile:

Tried doing it, it says: Could not find a shelter! Then crashes… Damn, i really wanted to try it. Still, the biggest i can make the cities are just 6. D:

Tried doing it, it says: Could not find a shelter! Then crashes… Damn, i really wanted to try it. Still, the biggest i can make the cities are just 6. D:[/quote]

There’s spawn size and city size. A large city size might not be able to place a shelter since the city would cover a significant portion of the map.
Spawn size at x50 is freakin’ ridiculous. It’s really a zombie horde then.

Tried doing it, it says: Could not find a shelter! Then crashes… Damn, i really wanted to try it. Still, the biggest i can make the cities are just 6. D:[/quote]

There’s spawn size and city size. A large city size might not be able to place a shelter since the city would cover a significant portion of the map.
Spawn size at x50 is freakin’ ridiculous. It’s really a zombie horde then.[/quote]
Are you sure that would stop it? I’ve had shelter in the middle of a town before. That was !!FUN!!.

If you look at towns, you’ll see some spot that are empty; so shelter could spam into it, maybe, in some way ?
But it would be difficult. Can’t make a make with bigger city size than 6, too.
Iv tryed surviving *50 rate, with max point i could give, dog keep killing me (bleeding and too fast after some point) :frowning:

@inquisitor: yeah increase your starter points to balance out more zombies. so its more of a shooter game.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:9, topic:2880”]Combine it with 16x cities and you get undead New York simulation.

Is as impossible to survive as you’ll think it will be in real life[/quote]

You only need to run faster than the slowest guys…:slight_smile:

That said, such setting with another setting for the number of NPCs around, might become REALLY interesting. 16x cities, 50x static/classic zombies and tons of NPCs…Oh yea…the first days would be fun indeed!

edit:
Need Z order for this to work proper though. Would love my dude to run 30 levels of stairs, get on the roof, close the metallic door…and try to find a way out that doesn’t involve mutagen and wings :slight_smile:

Parachute!