How do you set up your worlds?

My current and I’m liking it because its not to hard and not to easy is set up with:

City size - 10
City spacing - 6
Spawn rate - 2.5
Item spawn - 1.5
Npc spawn - 0.25
Mob evolution - 10
Season length - 81 days (cause I want as close to a real year as possible.)
Static spawns - False
Wander spawns - True
Static npcs - True
Random npcs - True
Z-levels - True

Most of the basic mods except the extra guns, necromancy, or dinos, I did turn off triffids and spore monsters though.
Im using skills through stats

My current character started Missing the Evac as a Lumberjack, so far ive survived 17 days and im set up pretty well with a katana and half way decent gear. Im holed up in one of those nice stone houses on the edge of a city with a newly tamed dog(do i have to keep taming it cause the last char that had one it vanished after a day?) working up towards building a car from the mas amount of sweet vehicles around.

City size - 6
City spacing - 6
Spawn rate - 0.7
Item spawn - 1.3 (replacing some zombies with items cause im a noooob)
Npc spawn - N/A npc spawn off
Mob evolution - default i guess, I didn’t want to mess with it
Season length - 25 days
Static spawns - true
Wander spawns - false (forgot I actually wanted it true)
Classic zombies - True (cause im a noooob)
Z-levels - false, I’m on a relatively slow laptop and didn’t want to overheat it

I got the 2 vehicle mods and medieval weapons mod and tall buildings mod, all I really wanna do is explore the world but its hard cause i don’t wanna leave home. Home is where the zombies aren’t, lol…

City Size - 6
City Spacing - ???
Spawn rate - 25.0
Item Spawn - 5.0
NPC Spawn - Yes
Mob Evolution - 0.25(This is entirely necessary, helps stop the hordes from spawning with 5+ Masters, which turns them into a CLUSTERFUCK)
Static Spawns - false
Wander Spawns - True
Classic Zambiez - false
Z-Levels - True

I have most mods enabled, and Slow-Zombies set. The hordes are fucking huge, like 700+ zombies usually, but they’re shamblers. You can avoid all but the feral hunters and leapers with a brisk walking pace. This mode is for Masochism, pure and simple. Combat is extremely deadly if you don’t have a good weapon, and scout+binoculars are worth more than a ton of gold.

Mob Evolution - 0.25

From testing and talking to experienced players a lower evolution score means stronger mobs appear faster.

edit- 25 spawn rate holy fuck!

I’ve been playing Cataclysm on my phone due to me being away from home for extended periods of time lately, so here’s my mobile world setup:

[spoiler=Settings]
City size: 4.0
Spawn-rate scaling: 1.0
Item spawn-rate scaling: 1.0
NPC spawn-rate scaling: 1.0
Monster half-life scaling: 1.0

Initial start time: 07:00
Initial start season: Spring
Season length: 30 days

Static spawn: True
Wander spawns: True
Classic zombies: False
Surrounded start: False

Static NPCs: True
Random NPCs: False
Experimental z-levels: True

[color=blue]+[/color] Animatronic Monsters
[color=blue]+[/color] Icecoon’s Weapon Pack
[color=blue]+[/color] Tall Buildings
[color=blue]+[/color] Tanks and Other Vehicles
[color=blue]+[/color] Vehicle Addition Pack
[color=blue]-[/color] No Joke Monsters
[color=blue]-[/color] No Antique Firearms
[color=blue]-[/color] No Medieval Items[/spoiler]

All my previous games were played without hordes and NPCs, but playing that way became way too boring so I spiced things up and upped the difficulty by turning them on. 30-day seasons are reasonable in my opinion, not too long, not too short, and still give a bit of a realistic feeling to the progression. In my future runs I think I’ll remove monster evolution entirely so I don’t get bullshit horde spawns too. The mods I picked are just there so I have more stuff to do and more item variety; I will have LESS variety by removing antique firearms and medieval weapons, but that’s there for my modern-day roleplaying purposes.

Other than that it’s not too unique, I didn’t mess with any scaling factor just yet - didn’t see a need for that so far.

Wait there is a mobile version???!!! Android or Apple?

Merely out of curiosity why do you think it improves your roleplaying experience to remove them? They only spawn in museums, pawn shops, and mansion collections, which are places you might expect to find them in real life

[quote=“TheKobold, post:4, topic:11163”]

Mob Evolution - 0.25

From testing and talking to experienced players a lower evolution score means stronger mobs appear faster.

edit- 25 spawn rate holy fuck![/quote]

… Oh shit.

That would probably explain why the horde vanguard to the nearest horde I’m tracking has 80 shocker brutes(I’ve only seen it at night, they’re the only visible mobs at night). I was hoping I could reduce the evolution score and that would make the hordes slightly less nightmare mode.

The game is pretty playable with Slow-zombies and 25x spawn rate. You just need to be careful and attentive all the time, and diligently track the movements of hordes at day. At night, you need to avoid the immediate vicinity of hordes, as finding yourself surrounded is quite fatal. This is my favorite way to play the game.

Apple only, (iOS) you can get it here

Aw only apple, any one working on an android version?

there was android wersion, somewhere in lab but if you can find it it will be old

If you can find it, please post a link or pm me. I will add it to the mod list in the Not-a-Mod section I’m thinking of adding.

City size - 5
City spacing - 5
Spawn rate - 50
Item spawn - 2.5
Npc spawn - 1
Mob evolution - 5
Season length - 90 days (3 month seasons)
Static spawns - False
Wander spawns - True
Static npcs - True
Random npcs - True
Z-levels - True

I uses a shit ton of mods, I don’t use any of the black listing ones however.

I have to be very careful at what I do since there are monsters EVERYWHERE I go.

Whoa 50 spawn rate… some body check this dude into the asylum. XD

Its not as hard as it sounds if you avoid combat like the plague.

I could see that. But if you get forced into combat I imagine you are screwed. How long has your longest character been on that world?

If I recall correctly, about 120 days give or take. Had a mobile base with a bunch of turrets. I reset worlds after death.

[quote=“Wyzack, post:7, topic:11163”]Merely out of curiosity why do you think it improves your roleplaying experience to remove them? They only spawn in museums, pawn shops, and mansion collections, which are places you might expect to find them in real life[/quote]I only based my choice on medieval weaponry being extremely common in my previous runs and I felt that finding Flintlock pistols everywhere I go was a bit ridiculous. Besides, I’m not very keen on the idea of fighting zombies with a bloody broadsword or a battleaxe, I’d rather imagine a more realistic approach to the situation (using some revolver, an MP5, a Remington 870, kitchen knives, baseball bats etc).

City size - 10
City spacing - 6
Spawn rate - 10
Item spawn - .25
Npc spawn - 1
Mob evolution - 10
Season length - 91 days
Static spawns - True
Wander spawns - True
Static npcs - True
Random npcs - True
Z-levels - True

I’ve been trying this with the “really bad day challenge”

About 10 attempts so far with no luck.

City size - 4
Spawn rate scaling - .5
Item spawn - .75
Npc spawn - .1
Mob evolution - 5.5
Start time - 7
Season length - 127 days
construction scaling - 90
Static spawns - True
Wander spawns - False
Static npcs - True
Random npcs - True
Z-levels - True

Str - 8
Dex - 10
Int - 14
per - 10

Traits:
Stadard survivor with Animal Empathy, Fast Heal, Fast learn, Fleet Foot, Good Mem, High Adren, Indefatigable, Infection resist, Night Vis, Outdoorsman, Parkour Expert, Pretty/handsome, Quick, Robust genes, self aware, Fast Metabolism, and High Thirst

Skills: Bartering(2), Driving(2), handguns(2), marksmanship(2), rifles(2), speaking(2)

Despite all the perks I’ve been giving recent survivors, it is hard I have been failing to get a starting character to live more than a few days due to the difficulty of keeping them fed and watered with nothing but a makeshift crowbar and what I craft long enough to craft/loot my way to good enough stuff to survive without making stupid decisions.

I am at about character 5 now. Last character was going so well until a night raid of the “nearby” forest for supplies/more wood resulted in landmines in the middle of the fields to blow me up. Character spotted mines just in time for me to stop, recheck my surroundings and see the sign warning me. Backed my way out in a hurry and went WAY around…or so I thought before continuing AROUND the miBAM …ne field. Since when are minefields on the edge of random forest so massive? derp.
Thats not nearly enough excuse though so I am going to blame semi bad RNG making me desperate enough to loot more city than I am prepared to for the other characters. NOT ENOUGH FOOOD

Once the character gets decent weapon/skills and finishes looting first city Im going to bump up spawn rate/mob evo. Think by the time I am prepared to loot third city I’ll have wander spawns on. From there more increasing of spawns/evolution until I am convinced character is not TOOOOO OP for world. Then of coarse adjust further as skills increase far enough to create concern/down evo(but not spawn?) where game looks like it might start creating scenarios TOO impossible to escape… hopefully before too late to fix. Then of coarse NPC spawns as well. Prob between 3rd and 4th city.