Lab Turrets Exploit?

Apologies if this has already been reported or it’s intentional, but I’ve seem to be able to take care of turrets very easily in science labs. I simply walk behind a closed metal door, and the turret shoots me as if I were standing there. I can repeat moving behind the door until the turret runs out of ammo, then easily kill it. Unsure if this works for other turrets. I discovered this whilst playing the experimental version 2745.

This part of a video I recorded should explain further.

http://youtu.be/EBWAYDq5v64?t=44m46s You won’t really need to watch on from 46:20 in the video.

Turrets LOS disregards doors so it sees you and keep shooting.

Is there a possible fix for this in the future, or will the coding be too conplex to get sround this problem? Although using the exploit did avoid me getting shot, it seemed somewhat of a cheat to waste the ammo of the turret, then easily finish it off to move on to the next room.

I guess it’d be more of an strategy than an exploit? Maybe the turret is programmed to destroy enemies that hide behind, for example, wooden doors.

Exploit that apparently wasn’t fixed–I thought it was. Latest dev version?

Looking into it, I suspect it’s a FoV caching thing, I was messing with that recently because it had the opposite problem of turrets shooting at you before they should be able to see you.

Fixed, thanks for reporting Jakers :smiley:
Turns out it wasn’t FoV caching after all, the special attack code wasn’t checking whether the monster could still see you before attacking.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:8987”]Fixed, thanks for reporting Jakers :smiley:
Turns out it wasn’t FoV caching after all, the special attack code wasn’t checking whether the monster could still see you before attacking.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/11398[/quote]

No problem! Glad I could help you fix this issue. Now I can be scared again whilst travelling inside science labs!

Until you discover a surefire method to recognize rooms with anything dangerous in them.

Perhaps it is safe to peek at turrets now…