Lab turrets attacking through z-levels (3147)

Tried the new experimental z-level worldgen option and when I walked near a lab the turrets from underground somehow were killing animals on the surface. There are 3x3 piles of 9mm casings and dead animals surrounding the lab. Once this character has some armor I will investigate further.

Also when something dies its corpse is teleported to the z-level you are on. You can walk next to a lab wait till the turrets are out of ammo butcher the zombie scientist corpses(their clothes remain where they died) and gather the CBMs.

I walked over a slime pit and under me was a lot of noise and a trail of blob globs behind me from blobs trying to attack me but hitting each other.

There’s a PR that says it adresses this, should be in soon if it isn’t already.

Out of pure curiosity: Were the mobs actually on lower-Z level and they were “working” or did the map bug out and made turrets “exist” on multiple z-levels. If it was the former im quite exited about the current progress on z-levels.

The former. Coolthulhu’s awesome Z-level work has got us racing towards a functional 3D world at a blistering pace; with the experimental Z level setting enabled, monsters move around and do other stuff on Z-levels outside the current one, fields spread and interact with the environment, and various other things go on, meaning time no longer freezes outside the current Z-level (provided you have the experimental Z-levels setting enabled).