Kickstarter Rewards: Survival Kits

How about the set of themed books from the game?
You can package together mini-books with the titles in game. ( half sized a real book, dosen’t need writing inside)

Speaking of books, how about a book of throwing that will increase my skill level to 10, so i can one shot bears with a rock?

Misc survival items:
Paracord braclet (real paracord please)
I’d pay a considerable amount for a swiss army knife or leatherman with a Cataclysm logo on it, but my “considerable amount” is probably less than it’d cost us to buy/make/ship them at profit :stuck_out_tongue:
Fishing kit (line, hook, sinkers, you supply the stick and bobber).

Related issue:
Any physical items that we do ship should have in-game representations.

The hundredth backer gets a fursuit.

I want a fucking T shirt.

Fuck kick starter, I hate it.

I can see someone who absolutely hates furries getting this…RNG wouldn’t let the opportunity pass.

Used, I take it?

What would stop you from just buying a SAK for like $10 and then stencil-spraying a logo on it?

You could offer the end result as like, the $40 or $50 reward and I’m sure it would get lots of people to donate a bit more money.

Top reward: Cocaine of Whiskey

This seems like a waste of time and money. I know its trendy for kickstarter to offer these gifts for people who donate heavily, but I think most players would rather know an extra few hours of development took place instead of getting a jar of toilet water through the post.

I’ll donate to the kickstarter, but please don’t fall into the usual traps like this!

My biggest concern is actually whether or not the kickstarter will support Paypal donations. Because in the past I’ve been barred from being able to support endeavours like this, for exactly that reason. I do intend to donate.

Conversely, I cut a physical check for the last LCS fundraiser because I don’t like Paypal. I don’t suppose the devs will have a mailing address/PO box?

Ahhhahaha, I don’t actually have a checkbook and on top of that, rainbow canadian money. Tl;dr I have no idea how that works non-electronically. Something for the to-do list I suppose.

You cannot donate to a Kickstarter with paypal, no. You shouldn’t donate to ANYTHING with paypal. Amazon are assholes, but they don’t outright (and legally, thanks to the terms of their contract) steal people’s money like PayPal does.

Unfortunately, Kickstarter doesn’t accept checks either - Amazon only (though it is pretty easy to set up an amazon account last I tried).

IF this works we will probably try to set up a followup campaign so that those who can’t donate to kickstarter can still contribute, and work for further stretch goals.

Alright. Really, what I need to do is fix a number of bank card issues I have (duplicate cards and stupid crap!) and get myself a credit card. Somehow I’ve made it this far without credit.

Thanks for the information, Glyphgryph.

you don’t need a credit card to set up an Amazon Account, and you can use the Amazon Account for the kickstarter.

Perfect.