Just came out a idea to make a fire-fighting drone

I just came out this idea when I sleeping, again, I have dream about the fire field on the CDDA, I know the new version has some new drone, just like grenade drone, teargas drone…

but the most useful drone, must be the drone with the auto fire extinguisher, will seek and putout any fire, considering it’s fireproof…

can we… make some building can have a fire alarm, will cause the fire-fighting drone out from the sky just like eyebot?

Makes sense for certain building, but I’m with ya.

Nice idea! Also, there should be some inactive ones inside fire trucks and fire stations

I kinda like this idea. I’m fairly certain it should be trivial to cook up an “extinguisher grenade hack” because I’m fairly certain the kamikaze function can be tweaked to cite any item that explodes. Though as the throwable fire extinguisher uses the hard-coded use action “THROWABLE_EXTINGUISHER_ACT” whereas most grenades use “transform” followed by “explode” this…might cause unexpected complications. I have no idea.

Making them seek out fire, and adding an alarm function that spawns them, obviously would be additional things to implement.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:4, topic:10367”]I kinda like this idea. I’m fairly certain it should be trivial to cook up an “extinguisher grenade hack” because I’m fairly certain the kamikaze function can be tweaked to cite any item that explodes. Though as the throwable fire extinguisher uses the hard-coded use action “THROWABLE_EXTINGUISHER_ACT” whereas most grenades use “transform” followed by “explode” this…might cause unexpected complications. I have no idea.

Making them seek out fire, and adding an alarm function that spawns them, obviously would be additional things to implement.[/quote]

Just have them drop the extinguisher on the fire. Maybe carry two or three, that’s how the extinguishers work though, they are triggered by the fire, not the throw, so if the monster can have a flag that tells them to seek out a fire and drop something on it, then this works out great.

My first thought when I saw the thread title was drones that would connect to a firetruck and spray water on fires, and the vision that gave me was a truck modified to hold fungicide and the player driving a firetruck through an overrun area while the fungals just melt all around while the drones spray them down.