I've been asleep for days

In the game I mean. I got a common cold, it’s like summer day 13 and I’ve had this cold for a few days now. Been taking dayquil and nyquil but it’s still lingering. But the interesting thing about this cold, is that since I contracted it, I have been tired the entire time. I literally just slept through the end of summer and into Autumn Day 1, which was like 2 days, and every time I woke up it still said “Tired”. So I’d go back to sleep for another 8 hours, wake up , still be tired, rinse, lather and repeat. Does this just happen with colds?

It’s probably the Nyquil you’ve been taking, more than the cold itself.

I find Cataclysm DDA to be the most annoyingly realistic cold simulator ever.

Yes, Nyquil does make you tired and sleepy. Also, coughing while trying to sleep means you are getting a lot less rest than you should.

There are two ways of dealing with a cold.

If you are bunkered down and have supplies, use Nyquil and sleep it off. Indeed, you’ll probably wake up tired, and frying a couple of pieces of meat, boiling a bottle of water and taking one Nyquil will get you back to dead tired.
Eat well, keep yourself hydrated, keep all your body parts warm while sleeping and you should be fine in 4 days.
Without Nyquil it should be like 7 days or so.

If you can’t afford to be lethargic for days at an end, use Dayquil.
I only use it in emergencies. It does not make you sleepy, and as such it’s priceless. You can never have enough of it stashed.

Well three ways. Spend that 1 point on the relevant trait and never get an annoying cold, it’s worth it.

4th way : abuse vitamins and cold vaccine

to make it even easier rename the vitamins (because you will have tons) to “E” so you can spam EEEEEEE and constantly eat vitamins.

1. Find a filter mask and wear it.
  2. Only take off your filter mask when upgrading to a power armour helmet.
  3. ???
  4. Profit!

Step 1 is often accomplished when you find your first bunch of dead scientists.

to make it even easier rename the vitamins (because you will have tons) to “E” so you can spam EEEEEEE and constantly eat vitamins.[/quote]
Note: This no longer gives constantly stacking health benefits. The best way to take vitamins is 1 every 14 hours or so. Taking them more often then that risks wasting some of their potential (though can be used to keep yourself in the upper health range) and taking more then 2-3 at a time is a complete waste of any further vitamins (1-2 if you have already been taking vitamins).

Filter masks? I wear them all the time and still catch colds. I believe colds are more related to being wet/chilly/cold/freezing rather than of a viral nature.
I don’t use vaccines. They’re a conspiracy.

to make it even easier rename the vitamins (because you will have tons) to “E” so you can spam EEEEEEE and constantly eat vitamins.[/quote]
Note: This no longer gives constantly stacking health benefits. The best way to take vitamins is 1 every 14 hours or so. Taking them more often then that risks wasting some of their potential (though can be used to keep yourself in the upper health range) and taking more then 2-3 at a time is a complete waste of any further vitamins (1-2 if you have already been taking vitamins).[/quote]

Can we have some sort of vitamin OD?

Note: This no longer gives constantly stacking health benefits. The best way to take vitamins is 1 every 14 hours or so. Taking them more often then that risks wasting some of their potential (though can be used to keep yourself in the upper health range) and taking more then 2-3 at a time is a complete waste of any further vitamins (1-2 if you have already been taking vitamins).[/quote]

Can we have some sort of vitamin OD?[/quote]

I don’t believe so, although that might make for some ironic-ass Osmosis Jones rehash. I do believe you can only OD on painkillers, maybe a few others in the current version. Then again, I remember trying to take 100 units of CRYSTAL METH and being alive. Not well and in need of a dentist appointment but alive.

A vitamin overdose is a nasty thing.

There are only a few vitamins that you can overdose on (which we are assuming aren’t in the vitamin item). Other then that taking extra vitamins just makes you have really expensive pee, since it just goes right through your body.

[quote=“nikky_boy, post:9, topic:2537”]Filter masks? I wear them all the time and still catch colds. I believe colds are more related to being wet/chilly/cold/freezing rather than of a viral nature.
I don’t use vaccines. They’re a conspiracy.[/quote]
Just wearing a filter mask isn’t enough to protect you. IIRC the shifting point is the gas mask level; if you are wearing a gas mask or equivalent protection then you will never get ambient diseases, below that there is still some chance of getting them.