Inverntory Shuffling

When you drop - or have destroyed - your backpack it seems pretty random which of your items go with it.

I wonder if there could be a screen like the advanced armor layering screen to shuffle items into specific containers. Perhaps the inventory could have a sort function (like the advanced inventory screen) that allows you to select the item and move it between containers just like you do in the armor layering screen.

Just a suggestion for an awesome game!

• Shane
1 Like

Backpacks are combined as one when you wear them, and there’s no need of specific sorting for your items (since these items will take the available storage slots upon picking them up)

Problem is that when you drop your backpack - say to fight a zombie - what drops with it is pretty random. I’ve had an asthmatic character loose their inhaler that way when being forced to run. There is no way I’d put such a necessary item in my backpack - it’d probably be in my pants.

Ideally, Id like to be able to separate my gear from my loot.

• Shane
1 Like

Ya setting priority items to not drop would be nice. Lost some important stuff to things tumbling out of my pack and had to do some crazy suicidal shit to get the item back. Once I burned down half a city and played destruction derby with a firetruck in the burning ruins just to get my tanto back.

1 Like

Drop the backpack, and at the same time select items whose volume is less than or equal to the volume of the backpack. They all get dropped as one action.

2 Likes

That’s a good workaround, thanks!

• Shane

Someone gave a really good mod that allows you to do things such as the thing you’ve mentioned above, which is awesome, I think it’s a mod by Esther

1 Like