Ingame clothing choices you prefer

This hasn’t been the case for a while; the more body parts an article of clothing covers, the less likely it is to take damage from any given strike, specifically to prevent this exact situation.

in the summer i use plated leather armor, steeltoe boots, chaps, armsleeves and metal arm guards, medical gloves and tactical gloves, and helmets and usually a filter mask with kevlar

in the winter i use leather duster, kevlarvest/mbr, leather/bone/metal arm guards, gloves, leather pants, and steeltoe boots

i throw on scarves and usually my helmets stay the same. i wear sunglasses/safety if i dont have a single ballistic glass

Traditionally sneakers and skirt. Only older players know what I am referring to.

This is what I’m currently wearing, comes out to 17 encumbrance on the torso and 7 on the arms but inconveniently large adds 10 to each. 92 total volume. I like organizing my clothes in the order you’d put them on. I’m also a post-thresh Medical mutant so acid or random pain from nicks and cuts isn’t an issue.

Edit: Holy shit imgur, that scaling.

Early game: some sort of cobbled together outfit to survive the gold
Mid game: some sort of cobbled together outfit to cart things around and not die to dogs
Late game: power armour.

Volume and weight really aren’t that big a deal. A folding shopping trolley is not that hard to make.

Recently I tend to gravitate to the survivor wetsuit and survivor wetsuit boots, since they more or less make the survivor immune to acid damage. Defense-wise they’re not as good as other survivor gear, but not having my survivor get melted limbs is a definite godsend.

Aside from that, I’ll switch around all the other stuff my survivor would wear. Once I reach the point where my survivor can craft those two, a little bit of encumbrance is okay, especially since I use the chesthole tileset. Don’t like the color of the survivor wetsuit, so I tend to cover it up.

[quote=“Azrad, post:26, topic:11919”]Recently I tend to gravitate to the survivor wetsuit and survivor wetsuit boots, since they more or less make the survivor immune to acid damage. Defense-wise they’re not as good as other survivor gear, but not having my survivor get melted limbs is a definite godsend.

Aside from that, I’ll switch around all the other stuff my survivor would wear. Once I reach the point where my survivor can craft those two, a little bit of encumbrance is okay, especially since I use the chesthole tileset. Don’t like the color of the survivor wetsuit, so I tend to cover it up.[/quote]
wetsuits ftw.
my wetsuit equiped squad prepared to dive int city not fearing spitters and corrosives

edit:one has only AEP cause not enough neoprene

fireboots are and rubber boots are pretty much comparable to wetsuit boots acid wise.
would you think that comibnation of AEP and some other suit like light survivor would be prudent ?been thinking that for a while.

Currently playing as a semi nudist Alpha mutant.

I wear nothing but briefs, a trench coat padded with Kevlar, socks, dress shoes, and a fancy watch. Occasionally if I need extra protection or something I wear red jeans with a leather belt. I wear a messenger bag only for looting since this is a new world and I don’t have any vehicles in my disposal.
Since its summer and I don’t have any bionics I wear stylish sunglasses.

My mutations are very strong medical mutations (very quick pain recovery, regeneration, etc.) with of course post-threshold Alpha mutations.

My dodging is 6 so I pretty much can dodge anything.

This goes to show I prefer weird combinations of clothing and armor, mostly for role play reasons. Like the time I made a wandering samurai with traditional Japanese clothes and chain mail vest with metal arm/leg braces as armor.

early game im just normal human with a alot of backpacks but in medium game i mostly forget about repairing clothing and i end up as nudist wearing only boots(i know they are obsolete but 2 aditional slots for blades is nice), socks and a lot of backpacks and other storage clothing, sometimes i have kevlar reinforced leather vest and army helmet

late game i wear t-shirt, underwear and survivor suit with boots and socks

my survivors are little parainoid that there is something in the air, they allways wear gas mask or firefighter PBA mask

Here’s my outfit so far. Honestly not paying much care for roleplaying yet as I’m still learning the game. Maybe on my next character I’ll give more attention on roleplaying in traits, outfit and in general.
I’m also thinking about padding something with kevlar. Just don’t know what yet, and probally won’t, cause I wanna actually find a way to either lower the encumbrance or increase the protection. Could go with medieval armor for big protection, but heavy survivor suit gives 30/38 protection already and the duster gives 7/11. I still have a slot for close to skin clothing though, which I haven’t decided yet on what to go with. Maybe fire resistant clothing, because I already have a CBM that helps me with electricity.
No footwear because rough feet and toe talons(seriously, 50 damage early game on lab challenge was a good pick)

For lab challenge, yeah, awesome.

For the rest of the game? Well, just never engage acid using zombies…

For the rest of the game? Well, just never engage acid using zombies…[/quote]
Learned that the hard way. Almost lost my legs when engaging acid using enemies. That’s why I keep a ranged weapon, though. The revolver has nice range (50 range or so), and the damage is superb. Taking away the fact that my character had shit accuracy, it still worked, thankfully.

For the rest of the game? Well, just never engage acid using zombies…[/quote]
Learned that the hard way. Almost lost my legs when engaging acid using enemies. That’s why I keep a ranged weapon, though. The revolver has nice range (50 range or so), and the damage is superb. Taking away the fact that my character had shit accuracy, it still worked, thankfully.[/quote]

Padded feet are pretty awesome, they’re like tough feet but give you a speed bonus when barefoot.